email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy email address

Dudleian
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

During a recent chat with customer services I was told that I needed to update my account settings to take account of the fact that .net legacy email addresses were no longer used - I have absolutely no idea what is meant by this so can someone please explain, in layman's terms, what it means and what I'm supposed to do about it?

Richard Barley
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Dudleian
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 5
Thanks
Richard Barley

Message 2 of 5

Hi Richard

Legacy email addresses are all the non-talktalk.net domains like pipex.com, lineone.net and tiscali.co.uk that TalkTalk inherited via all the past merging of companies and their email services. 

However, all mail services managed by TalkTalk Consumer are running on a consolidated TalkTalk Mail platform. All these domains now have the benefit of secure mail messaging and use exactly the same email settings as the talktalk.net domain and access webmail via the same sign in.

You can select any email address listed in your customer MyAccount as the MyAccount login.  As long as the email address has a strong and secure password and can receive billing notification emails from TalkTalk there's no reason to change. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Dudleian
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 5

Thanks

I've been logging in with my talktalk email address quite satisfactorily for over 5 years now but the agent said something about changing my login address to a Gmail one, your answer seems to imply that I don't need to do this?
What is a 'legacy' address?
Kind regards
Richard
Richard Barley
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Richard

When first registering for a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount you're going to use a non-TalkTalk email address as the user login. 

Once registered for MyAccount you can create up to 5 talktalk.net email address mailboxes. 

Once this is done you can select any of those email addresses to act as the MyAccount login. The email password becomes the MyAccount login password. 

If you have legacy email addresses added to the TalkTalk MyAccount My mailboxes list then any of those can be selected as the MyAccount login. 

TalkTalk have not announced any plans to cease support for TalkTalk Consumer managed mailboxes including those with .net suffixes. 

You can if you wish select an external email address as the MyAccount login. This allows you to use a totally unique password to protect your MyAccount. But using strong and unique passwords for email addresses is important. 

Does this ease your concern?

We are aware of Customer service agents telling people to only use non-TalkTalk email addresses for MyAccount but once you have an active MyAccount it's your choice. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes