Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Legacy email

7 REPLIES 7
JJG8MM
First Timer

I have been using LINEONE, and TISCALI for over 20 years, and recently TALKTALK.NET,  as well as others outside of the UK.

All of these addresses are correctly mapped, and have been usually useable.

From time to time a link gets broken, and a call to TT usually gets it fixed - that I what is needed now - do not go *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* arround with account settings - you will simply confuse.

IncidentallyI use POP3 for some things IMAP for others. I can get all to work on IMAP, although It sometimes takes a little effort.

Since I use a VPN (all of the time) IMAP is the prefferred protocol.

John

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @JJG8MM 

Follow the advice in the sticky post at the top of this forum. Upgrade your legacy mail settings.

Let us know when you've done so and that the lineone mail is flowing.  You shouldn't need to make any change to tiscali.co.uk or talktalk.net domain mail but do check that secure ports and encryption security is being used.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

JJG8MM
First Timer

NO, NO, NO!

This issue occurs every year, and has always been put right by TT in the past.

I will not screw around with my settings, since it does not only affect TT accounts, but also those on my mailwasher - and that I working correctly throughout the weekend.  My email addresses have been the same for 20+ years. The passwords may change but URLs do not.

John

Gondola
Community Star

And your email addresses will stay the same so long as you remain a TalkTalk Consumer customer.

But Lineone as an ISP, just like Woolworths as a High Street UK shop, does not exist. And if you're still using the lineone server host name then keep your lineone.net email address going but via the tiscali.co.uk or talktalk.net host name servers.

Or just do nothing. Your choice.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John, Gondola is right you should change your settings to the talktalk ones and your mail will work normally. If you don't do it now you'll have to do it eventually when we update the settings permanently. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

stewarti
First Timer

I have the exact same situation, when i called to report it yesterday i was fobbed of with a non explanatory answer, thanks for posting, its good to know that i'm not alone with this issue, i paid to have my line one account remain active at the start of last year after being held to ransom over retaining it,  I hope this not another attempt to purge users of line one email addresses

Gondola
Community Star

Hi stewarti 

Follow the advice in post 2 of this thread.

Your lineone email will continue to be supported so long as you remain a TalkTalk Consumer customer. 

If you're looking for individual support then start a new topic. 

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi stewarti, it's not a purge there's never been a purge. Every email address that TalkTalk took over has been able to remain active if the customer has chosen to remain a live customer and in fact for many years even those who weren't customers were supported. 

What's happening this time is that we're cleaning house and reducing the unnecessary mail server access routes. This will simply make life easier for everyone as there'll be just 1 choice for email client settings. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.