email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy mailbox and ending my TalkTalk Mail plan

tichtich
Team Player
Message 3 of 3

Hi. I'm still using an old lineone.net mailbox with TalkTalk. Since I don't have any other account with TalkTalk, I'm paying £50 a year for a TalkTalk Mail plan. Now that I've got myself a new email address (with my own domain name), I'm thinking of stopping the TalkTalk Mail plan when the current year ends.

What I'd like to know, please, is this: once I'm no longer paying,  can I still have incoming mail (to the lineone.net address) automatically forwarded to my new email address (as I'm doing now), or at least have an automated reply (with my new address) sent to anyone who tries to send email to me at the old address? Or will the lineone.net address simply be closed down altogether?

Richard Wein
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi tichtich, Gondola's got you covered. You will have full webmail features until the mailbox is deleted by the system. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Richard

Call TalkTalk to cancel the subscription when you no longer need full access to your mailbox across supported devices.

Setting up an auto forward isn't an option for when the MailPlus subscription comes to an end.  There are two ways of bringing a MailPlus subscription to an end:

1. Delete the mailbox from your customer MyAccount
  2. Call TalkTalk to cancel the subscription

The first option will permanently delete the email address and mailbox contents and end the subscription.  Senders will receive an 'Undeliverable' bounceback error message.

The second option will give you two years of webmail only access before the email address and mailbox contents are permanently deleted.

The webmail access will allow you to send and receive mail via an Internet browser. You can sign in and manually forward mail to your personal new email address mail service. Auto forwarding and mail collection by other mail services or email clients is disabled when the subscription ceases. I believe setting up a Vacation Notice should work during the 2 year run-down period but as I've not personally tested this I've asked TalkTalk Support to confirm.

Managing your email in My Account

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Cancel your TalkTalk service

LiveChat to TalkTalk support is here:  Our LiveChat team.  Wait for the light blue Chat now button to appear; It's grey or clear when busy or offline.

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088, 0345 172 0044 TalkTalk Mobile option 1, Loyalty renewals and cancellations on 0345 172  0046 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, use 0203 441 5550.

TalkTalk supports the Text Relay Service: It's 18001 then 0345 172 0088.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution