email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter regarding move to paper billing

AS1231
Participant
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

I recently received a letter saying that TalkTalk have recently been unable to send my bill by email.  They suggested that if it continues to happen then they will move me to paper billing at £2.75 per month.

They suggested that I should check my spam filters and/or contact the ISP for my email.

I use Outlook from Office 2019, I have checked my Junk folder (nothing present from TalkTalk) and my blocked senders list (No TalkTalk entries in there).  I have added the TalkTalk billing email address to my safe senders list (which shouldn't really be needed as nothing from them has been redirected to junk anyway).

I looked back and can see bill reminders in Nov 21, Dec 21, Jan 22, Feb 22 but nothing in March or April.

My ISP for email is TalkTalk themselves, so I obviously shouldn't need to contact them!

I went into my TalKTalk account and changed my monthly allowance (just so that I would get an email from them) and it came through almost immediately on the same email address on which my bill should arrive.

Therefore I can only assume that TalkTalk's recent billing emails have not been correctly routed to me or something.

Can anyone suggest how I ensure that TalkTalk do not move me to paid for paper billing?

Regards.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi AS1231, unfortunately some of the information provided doesn't match what we hold on system. I've sent a new link via PM please opt for the extra information option this time. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Ah, the MyTalkTalk app was withdrawn. So long ago that I cannot remember when.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for the reply.

On the email address, ok.

On the android App, I was referring to the MyTalkTalk app rather than an email app. The MyTT app allowed you see your account (and I think bills).

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi AS1231, I've sent you a personal message so that I can take a look at the account for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 10

Hi AS1231 

Once the billing system has logged a successful delivery to your non-TalkTalk email address then you'll be able to consider reverting to the TalkTalk Mail address. But your security is better protected for the MyAccount login by using a unique MyAccount password. Contrast this with a MyAccount that uses the same password as the TalkTalk email address that's used for login.

But it's your choice.

The TalkTalk Mail app for Android and iOS was based on the Open Xchange mail app and I thought it was good whilst it was offered as a Beta trial. That trial was withdrawn on 13 March.

You can access the TalkTalk Mail platform via a mobile browser and I currently do so with Firefox. There's often an Email app on a mobile device or plenty to choose from via the relevant app store.

Let us know if you need any extra guidance on connecting to your mailbox via a mobile device.

Message 6 of 10

Hi Ady,

Thank you for your reply.

I received another letter saying that my bills were still not getting through by email and that I was now moved to paper billing with the additional charge. Therefore I logged on and changed my account to a non-TT email.

I am disappointed that TT billing emails are not getting through to TT email addresses!!  I got the email ok to my TT address when I changed my logon details. I also get marketing emails from TT ok.

I know that you suggested it is better to use a non-TT email, but I have been using the TT address for online billing for many years without problems and wanted to carry on doing the same.

However, I have now changed the address, and as long as I dont get charged for paper billing I guess its not that important.

Another thing I noted during this, was the TT android app has stopped working.  I tried to uninstall and re-install but found it was no longer on the Google Play store. I went on chat and one the advisors provided a link to get the app again, but it failed again. On further investigation the advisor said that the App was being removed.

All of this in not giving much confidence in TT.

Regards,

AS1231

Message 7 of 10

Hi AS1231, Gondola is spot on it's a much better idea to have a non TT login for your MyAccount.  If you post once you've done that, we'll do a couple of security checks and I'll then be able to check to see what is set as your billing option and make sure it's online. 

Ady

AS1231
Participant
Message 8 of 10

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know that the DNS fail in March may be the reason. And yes, I will look at changing  MyAccount login and password to be different the TalkTalk email.

Best Regards.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi AS1231 

The best solution is to change your MyAccount login to a non-TalkTalk email address.  It's actually the preferred and more secure option for your MyAccount to use an external email address and a unique MyAccount password rather then using the same password as the talktalk email login.

The reason you're getting the notification is that the TalkTalk billing system has failed to get the billing notification to your talktalk mailbox. There was a DNS fail in March so I expect the billing email went out just at that time.  The billing system then logs a fail to receive and will not send out any more mail messages to that email address. This is simply a protection for the billing system sender so it doesn't get blacklisted by mail services that may continue to reject the inbound mail. 

Just go to  MyAccount to change the Login Details.