email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineone email issues

BarryBeau
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

In the last few days my Windows 10 Mail cannot access my lineone.net email account to download messages. I can log on using talk talk webmail and see the new emails. I can send messages ok using the lineone address from Windows mail but cannot retrieve new mail.

I keep getting "Attention Required,, Please update the password for this account"

Its the same password and login details I have used for the last 25 years.

I have done all the recent updates and removed and added my lineone account numerous times but still the same issue.

I have also added manually the set up for the account ,, still the same.

Any ideas?  Many thanks in advance. 🙂

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi BarryBeau, I can help you get this sorted but need more information first. 

I've sent you a personal message.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi BarryBeau 

I'm thinking this is another case of a mailbox being restricted to webmail only access because it's been 'unlinked' from its MyAccount although you may still see the email address listed in the MyAccount My Mailboxes list.  OR it's the expected restriction to webmail only access when the email address is not added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount.

I've alerted TalkTalk Support for you so they can check.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the affected lineone email address, notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

You'll get a reply here from a TalkTalk Support staff member.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

BarryBeau
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for your reply,

I have reset my password to a stronger one but still the same issue, 

It's very odd though how I can send an outgoing mail but not receive from my lineone account and

the password work okay with the TalkTalk Webmail,,,,, just not with the windows mail.

I've also tried removing recent updates to see if that was the problem but to no avail.

Many thanks for replying, kind regards Barry

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi BarryBeau 

The mail servers will detect a weak password. Do you believe your password is ultra strong?

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue.

If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one to send a password reset to. However, if you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail then for routine password changes select the password reset to be sent to the account itself or, preferably, update your Reset details via the TalkTalk Mail main settings menu then use the Forgotten your Password journey.

Advice is given in this post: Upgrade your legacy mail password 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution