email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineone email not working - cannot reset password

MikeyB50
First Timer
Message 42 of 42

Hi

I appreciate there are a number of impacted users for this so I'm just adding myself to the list.  Access stopped working two days ago.  If I try and reset my password it does not work.  It enables me to reset it, but when I try to login using webmail it does not recognise the new password. 

I am aware of the trick to use an old password, that's the one I was using up until Tuesday but tbh, I've tried so many of late I cannot even recall which ones I've used.

Thanks,

Mike

41 REPLIES 41

Message 21 of 42
So why the need to wait till monday for an update if there is a chance it could be fixed sooner? Doesn't have to be an official announcement, could come from you and your colleagues if the issue is sorted?
Kerry Lyons

Message 22 of 42

Hi @Kezzz 

Who says the lineone password issue is not being worked on over the weekend?  See Service Status (Email).

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

NettieH
First Timer
Message 23 of 42

I've had exactly the same issues as everyone else here. Password sucessfully resets but still says my password is incorrect!!! & As with others this is my main address & have been using it for years, and is used for all my important info like car insurance, house insurance etc!!!

Message 24 of 42
Then why is it not being worked on over the weekend. This is causing people major inconvenience.
Kerry Lyons

Message 25 of 42
I hope it’s just a rumour.
Simonch
0 Likes

Message 26 of 42

Hi @Lindon-p 

@Lindon-p wrote: been told they have shut down the lineone server as they don't want to support going forward need space for new customer

Utter tosh and nonsense.  Why would anyone believe your story when TalkTalk staff are actively involved in getting the lineone password issue fixed.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 27 of 42

been told they have shut down the lineone server as they don't want to support lineone going forward need space for talktalk  new customer.

lindon prudence
0 Likes

Simonch
Team Player
Message 28 of 42

Hi All,

This is now becoming a serious problem. As we have no idea when a fix is likely, especially as they are not working on it again until Monday, some sort of work around is needed. Is it possible for them to set a forward to another email address? The annoying thing for me is that I had a forward set up and cancelled it about a month ago after the upgrade. Service seemed stable so I thought I didn’t need it anymore - silly me!

Simonch

Johnnieboys
First Timer
Message 29 of 42

Same problem. Reported to TalkTalk Wednesday am and given incident number but no action so far...was told they would respond within 72 hours.

Simonch
Team Player
Message 30 of 42

Exactly the same for me.

Simonch

PS: Just heard that no further action on this problem until Monday!

Simonch

rhmiles
First Timer
Message 31 of 42

What has happened to my lineone e-mail account. The TALKTALK servers will not recognise my password. I have tried changing it and TalkTalk process allows me do so. I have reported it 3 times to TalkTalk and all I get is that it could take up to 48 hours for the new password to be recognised. I use to work in IT before retiring and it would seem that TalkTalk have serious problems and will not publically admit they have issues. Anyone else having problems with their lineone.net email address???

Lindon-p
Team Player
Message 32 of 42

hi all anyone had any luck in getting this sorted mine also stopped same time as everyone else

lindon prudence

Message 33 of 42
Many thanks OCE_Ady. Really appreciate you taking the effort to update us who are clearly anxious not being able to access our mailbox.
Regards,
Vijayan

Message 34 of 42

You're very welcome. I just wish it was better news. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 35 of 42

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Ok,thanks for taking the time to update us

Cheers

Mike

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 36 of 42

Hi Vijayan, my last post just before yours gives you all the information we've got at the moment relating to this incident. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Vijayan
First Timer
Message 37 of 42

Hello,

I have the same problem. please help.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 38 of 42

Hi all, I'm afraid the latest update is that we won't have anymore news for you before Monday. I'll let you know as soon as I have more for you. 

0 Likes

IanJohnston483
Popular Poster
Message 39 of 42

Hi,

This is exactly the same for me - my lineone email stored working on Wednesday - exactly the same symptoms.

It is my main email...

Ian

0 Likes

IanJohnston483
Popular Poster
Message 40 of 42

Hi,

This is exactly the same for me - my lineone email stored working on Wednesday - exactly the same symptoms.

It is my main email...

Ian

0 Likes