Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lineone email not working - cannot reset password

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Kezzz 

Who says the lineone password issue is not being worked on over the weekend?  See Service Status (Email).

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Kezzz
First Timer
So why the need to wait till monday for an update if there is a chance it could be fixed sooner? Doesn't have to be an official announcement, could come from you and your colleagues if the issue is sorted?
Kerry Lyons
Keith_E
Chatterbox

Just to add my name to the list. I have added details to my profile that I hope might help resolve any issue I have (that might relate to apparently 'strange' log in) as I'm presently in Asia on business but can't access personal emails.

Keith E
Simonch
Team Player

Post 5 on Friday from OCE_Ady:

Hi all, I'm afraid the latest update is that we won't have anymore news for you before Monday. I'll let you know as soon as I have more for you. 

Simonch
rhmiles
First Timer

Is the issue because I do not use any of TalkTalk's products and therefore do not have an official TalkTalk account. I have never been able to setup an account because you need an account number from a product bill. I just use the lineone e-mail webserver and I have been, until this issue, just logging into webmail. Of the people that have reported this issue do you have a TalkTalk account????

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @rhmiles 

Just to clarify, you don't need to be a TalkTalk broadband customer or have access to the TalkTalk customer MyAccount to continue using a legacy email address like lineone.net.

You will need to sign in to the TalkTalk Webmail at least once every 180 days to keep the account alive.

What you do need is to set up Reset details for password recovery so that if you forget or wish to change the email password you'll be able to get a password reset sent to an alternate email address or by text to a mobile 'phone number. In the future it'll be the only way for non-TalkTalk customers to get a password reset.

However, at present there is a technical issue with the lineone password authentication / password reset process which is not selecting the correct password for authentication and access to the lineone mailbox.  It's an issue being worked on by the software engineering team and as such is flagged up on Service Status (Email).  When the Community Team OCE's return to give support to Community members on Monday they'll be able to see what progress has been made.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi all. we're still hoping to have something for you in the next 24-48 hours. I'm as eager as you to get the good news to you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Bobfreman1954
First Timer

Not impressed so far - when the updated web-mail became available, I was thinking of changing from BT to TalkTalk for home broadband but having many second thoughts - if it had not been for the forum I would not have known there was an issue - I spent ages changing passwords and getting nowhere - a simple message on the interface would have helped - and an official update would help now!

What a lesson in how to lose potential business

Bob

MikeyB50
First Timer

In case anyone is following the thread I'd started and not seen the update on another thread (I only checked when the service page did not show any errors), I have now been able to change my password and have it recognised, so I can now access my Lineone emails!

Gondola
Community Star

Thanks @MikeyB50 

Everyone else on this thread that's set up Reset details should also be able to use the password reset to change the lineone sign in password and it'll provide access to the email account.

Let us know if you have any issues signing in.

Lindon-p
Team Player

Still not working day 6 now.

all my important document are on here linked to my account need access

lindon prudence
Lindon-p
Team Player

day 6 still not working 

lindon prudence
Lindon-p
Team Player

still not working day 6

lindon prudence
Lindon-p
Team Player

Day 6 still not working was told from my call talktalk would contact me within 72 hour with update it now 96 hour and no contact what going on I need access all my document are linked to this account 

lindon prudence
Lindon-p
Team Player
how much longer no contact after being told give us 72 hours its now 96 hrs plus and not a bean
lindon prudence
Lindon-p
Team Player
come on TalkTalk customer service I cant wait 72 more hour your call centre need to action now
lindon prudence
Lindon-p
Team Player
still not working please help
lindon prudence
Simonch
Team Player

I've just reset my password following advice from another thread and I'm pleased to say it now works ok. This thread doesn't seem to have been notified. Give it a try.

Simonch
Gondola
Community Star

Latest update, 2:39pm 8th April:

This issue has now been resolved and customers are now able to log into their mail accounts. We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time. 

Lindon-p
Team Player
still unable to reset mine wants to send reset password to my lineone email address and I cant access it
lindon prudence