email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineone.net Email bouncing back

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

I can send from my lineone.net email account but when someone tries to reply it bounces back, regardless of who I send it to.  I am sending and receiving using Gmail

This is the bounce back message - 

Message blocked

Your message to .......has been blocked. See technical
details below for more information.
LEARN MORE
The response was:

550 5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from lineone.net is not accepted due
to domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of
lineone.net domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the
DMARC initiative. q48-20020a4a88f3000000b0035e5e3c0a06sor1423934ooh.19
- gsmtp

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Great support as always here from Gondola. I've marked the  post as the best answer. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Yes and it's been working fine. Bizarrely the settings have gone back to the previous ones without any intervention from me. I only use the lineone account for things I subscribed to or connected with man years ago.  I am going to wean everyone off lineone, it's had its day.

Thanks, I have bookmarked that page.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Did we not discuss email settings over a year ago?   Previous topic

The generic email settings have been published on TalkTalk's Help page for years. As well as giving you advice did I not link to the email settings for IMAP and POP3 accounts?

You might like to bookmark the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub as this is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings - IMAP & POP3

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 4 of 8

Simply not true. Lineone have NEVER asked me to change settings, and been a customer for15+years.  Always felt like a second class customer since the takeover.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

The settings haven't changed for many years and were consolidated for all mail accounts from 2018.

Pleased that you've confirmed everything is working.

0 Likes

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 6 of 8

That seems to work. Shame that Talktalk did not consider telling us customers that the settings had changed.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi carrotmuseum1 

The bounceback error message is from the Gmail inbound servers that are seeing a lineone.net email address sent by the Gmail outgoing mail servers. Lineone mail needs to be sent by the TalkTalk Mail servers to get the benefit of the DMARC policy set by TalkTalk. TalkTalk does not authenticate sending by Gmail servers.

You must therefore send from TalkTalk Mail servers directly by signing in to your TalkTalk Mail account OR by setting up in your Gmail Accounts and Import settings a Send mail as facility that will send mail from the TalkTalk servers:

Mail is sent through: smtp.talktalk.net

Secured connection on port 587 using TLS