email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineone.net email

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

How do I access my lineone.net email and how do I change the password?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi carrotmuseum1 

Good to know that you've seen that there is no filter rule defined as that confirms no unauthorised auto forward or filter rule has been set up in your online lineone mailbox.

So that keeps your incoming lineone mail messages just for your eyes. And if you've changed your Gmail password then only you can access your mail via Gmail. 

The checks and changes you've made  should have foiled the undesirable scammers. 

Keep your software and security up to date and let us know if you have need of further assistance. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks for all that. I do not have any forwarders or filters -  I run a very uncomplicated life!  I have had not more spurious emails in the past 24 hours since the second password change, but sometimes they come a few days later.  Feels like they know they are rumbled and once again access my new password.    Gmail is unaffected. No virus/malware or trojans. Maybe it is finally fixed...... watch this space.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi carrotmuseum1 

That's great to know the webmail sign in is now working normally. The 'not found' fault message could indicate there is malware lurking on your device.

Your lineone email address is obviously known to the scammers that are trying to create online accounts using your email address.  This would only work for them if they have access to your emails to pick up the verification link(s). So, what you must do is:

1. Scan your email devices to detect and remove any password grabbing virus, trojan or other malware.
  2. Check for and delete any Auto forward or other Filter rule that might be spying on your mail messages
  3. If you find any of the above you should change and upgrade the password once more.
  4. The above applies to both the lineone.net mailbox and the Gmail account as the scammers could be seeing mail from either source.

To check Filter rules on the TalkTalk Mail platform:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Check the Sent objects folder to make sure scammers are not using your lineone.net mailbox and also check the Sent folder in the Gmail account.  Your email address may be spoofed by undesirables pretending to be you. Not much you can do about that. You might get mailer-daemon bounceback messages indicating the undesirables are sending to non-existent addresses. But the key thing is to make sure the scammers or other undesirables don't get access to your mailboxes and don't see your mail messages. 

Changing your email password

Compromised or spoofed accounts

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 4 of 9

Brilliant.  That worked.  I have changed the password (twice) but still someone is sending mail as if it were me. Any ideas on how to cure  that?  I keep receiving emails from Istagram and online gaming sites saying I have asked to open an account and asking me to agree or submit a verification code. I am of course ignoring all these.  I do not have an Instagram account so cannot email them!  Games sites just ignore my emails about this matter.

I can still send as receive lineone.net emails using Gmail.

Message 5 of 9

Hi carrotmuseum1 

I see you're using the Chrome browser. Enter this in the Chrome address bar: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings to reset Chrome settings that will also disable extensions to the browser that may be causing an issue.

Then retry:

Enter your lineone email address and password, select Sign in.

carrotmuseum1
Team Player
Message 6 of 9

I have followed all the instructions TO THE LETTER.

I end up on this page - https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX

And as you can see from the attached screenshot it reports - Not Found The requested URL was not found on this server.

My Emails and folders are visible but not accessible.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi carrotmuseum1, Gondola has given you everything you need. 

Please let us know how you get on and if you need more help just ask. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi carrotmuseum1 

Enter your lineone.net email address and password, select Sign in.

Changing your email password is the help article with all the information you need for changing your lineone.net email password.

Let us know if you need more guidance.