email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineone - no emails for days

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 17 of 17

I’ve not had any emails for days and when I log into talk talk it says there is a technical issue.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Crispcg74, it sounds like your mailbox isn't associated with your account or it's been spun down by us for another reason. 

I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 17

What's the answer about the email password?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 17

Just to add that I'm asking about the password as either a detected as weak password or a changed password appears to be at the root of this issue. 

Message 4 of 17

If you are a TalkTalk MailPlus subscription customer and the lineone email address is what you signed up with then we'll assume it is listed in the MailPlus MyAccount. You'll use the same email address and password to sign in to the MyAccount. 

Have you recently changed the email password? 

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 5 of 17

I’ve no idea and can’t log in to check. I have no other service with talktalk except this legacy email account which TT charge me to keep. It worked fine on my mobile until Tuesday of this week so something must have changed at the TT end????

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Either the password is weak or the lineone.net email address is not added to an active Consumer customer MyAccount and has therefore been limited to webmail only access. Do you think the lineone email address is listed in your MyAccount?

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 7 of 17

And I can’t log into my account to check the association. 

DE861907-CF24-4D32-A0F0-34D35C75FF6A.png

0 Likes

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 8 of 17

3D266215-8647-4383-9D8B-EE5D117AB4AC.jpeg

9597E385-FBD9-4C58-9348-43A60D79E941.png

A6822247-D5DD-41A3-ADF5-CAD5AEBFB0E8.jpeg

8F2643AD-5184-4C26-BDFC-3E905A2D0298.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

You're using out of date legacy settings that, assuming you are a TalkTalk Consumer customer, will work if you update those server settings on your mobile. 

We're seeing a few TalkTalk Consumer customers using legacy mail domains that are not receiving mail messages because their email client software is still using out of date (not recognised) legacy server host name and maybe insecure port settings. The email client software / app requires updating to replace the out of date settings.

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

Apple/Mac Mail Connection Security is use TLS/SSL

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 10 of 17

I can log in via web email but not from my phone. My settings haven’t changed. 

0 Likes

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 11 of 17

342A5EEA-0D19-4158-91CE-9FD4D35FB46E.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

I see that the error is when trying to login to a TalkTalk customer MyAccount.

What I'm asking you to do is to sign in to your online mailbox which is a different sign in.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

And follow the guidance given in my first post.

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 13 of 17

37761A22-6AC6-46F6-BCB4-CDC0EC49B7F2.png

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Please screenshot the error message, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the camera icon, or picture icon if using a mobile browser, above the Reply area. 

I'm asking because I don't recognise the issue without further information.

Crispcg74
First Timer
Message 15 of 17

I’ve updated my profile. I haven’t had any emails for days and when I try to log in it looks like it’s getting my account information but then comes back with a message saying it can’t log me in due to a technical error. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your lineone email address and password, select Sign in.  If you know the password you should get signed in. If not let us know what error message is displayed.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

Let us know how you get on.