email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked email accounts and access to my account

Philor
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Morning

I've seen a few messages on the board relating to problems with email.  I have a talk talk mail account and a tiscali mail account which I had linked within the respective accounts.  Yesterday the sub account within each of the mail accounts stopped working.  So although I could see the emails on the host account the subaccount showed the link but none of the emails or filders related to the linked account.

I initially thought it may have been a password issue so deleted one of the accounts with the intention of adding it back in as a linked account.  I then got an error message saying autoconfiguration failed and asking if I wanted to manually configure.  

My attempts to do this have failed as well.

Yesterday - When I went into "My Account" to see if there was an update on a technical problem I am getting the following error message,

"Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later." 

Im getting the same message today.

I take it there is therefore a technical issue within TalkTalk?  Would you advise timescales for resolutions to both the email issues and the login to My Account problem?

Thank yo

Phil O'Ryan
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Philor, the issues with MyAccount are chased by us on a regular basis as it affects a large number of customers. Unfortunately, we have had no updates so far on the missed deadline of end of November despite our efforts. MyAccount is a huge product and what seems like an easy fix can have wide ranging affects on other systems. This means much to our frustration that some fixes don't happen as quickly as we'd like. It might be that the deadline was missed due to testing showing other issues. As soon as we have any information we'll pass it on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thanks again for explaining.  I will wait accordingly.

Phil O'Ryan
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Phil

My grateful thanks for confirming the fix today has solved the secondary email accounts issue allowing you to see your multiple account mail messages on the one TalkTalk Mail webmail primary account sign in.  That's the good news.

The remaining issue of not being able to fully sign in to your customer MyAccount is an ongoing fault for which there is no scheduled fix date. But we haven't forgotten this issue. I've got it noted on a  Current issues topic that I've stuck at the head of this forum so there's no way, whilst I'm around, that TalkTalk can rest on their laurels.

We are in the entry phase of a Christmas Change freeze during which time TalkTalk do not allow planned maintenance. I think it's unlikely that the sign in issue will be fixed before next year.

If the workarounds cause you any difficulties or if you have any related questions then do please let us know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 11

Apologies Gondola if you receive 2 messages from me regarding this.  Not sure if the first one I sent actually went.

Thank you for confirming the fix.  As requested I confirm that I have been able to add the additional email addresses to my main Talktalk and Tiscali accounts.

However, I am still getting the following error message - "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later." - when I attempt to log into the TalkTalk - MyAccount. 

Its odd as when I put in my user id and password it does seem to be taking me to the site and in fact I got further then my attempts from a couple of days ago.  I got to the little cloud being displayed and a message saying "preparing your bill"  before being kicked out.

Is this still being worked on by the team?

Phil

Phil O'Ryan
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 11

Hi Philor

Added email accounts - Secondary TalkTalk mailboxes, that are added email accounts to a primary mailbox sign in on TalkTalk Mail webmail, do not show folders or mail messages.

A fix was applied by the TalkTalk Mail platform operator 13Dec2021.

Grateful for confirmation that your secondary email accounts are now displaying folders and mail messages. Scroll down the primary mail page and select the inward facing arrowhead in front of the secondary account name to expand to show folders.

Message 6 of 11

Hi Philor, just had confirmation from the platform provider that they'll be updating the software again on the 16th December at midnight. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, this will clear quickly then we can look at the login issue for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Philor
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 11

Thank you Ady.  I've added my email addresses to the private notes section.  My wife is having the same issue so I've noted her email addresses as well - all the email accounts noted are held under the same MyAccount mail account. 

I am still unable to access my account.  When I try to connect, it does seem to proceed past the login / password phase but then dumps me out before finally connecting to the account proper.  Then quotes the "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later." message. So could this be looked at as well?

Thank you again

Phil O'Ryan
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi Philor, The incident team have passed this over to the team at  our platform provider OX so it should be cleared soon. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi Philor 

The secondary accounts issue is a reported incident.  Cannot connect to the secondary account. On setting up automatically it fails the 20 second timeout and proceeding manually it fails to connect either to mail.talktalk.net or imap.talktalk.net as shown:

Error - 20 second timeout in secondary email account setup.png

Add your TalkTalk Mail email addresses to your Community profile Private notes and I'll alert TalkTalk to add those to the incident report. There's no timescale for a fix as yet.

Not aware of any directly related MyAccount incident as I can login to my MyAccount without problem. Although there was both MyAccount and Mail maintenance preceeding the TalkTalk Mail fault.