email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked down TalkTalk email and account password and no recovery details

NBarron
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

Hi all I know there are some similar posts but just need help on quickest way to resolve this.

My parents  have been customers of TalkTalk for many years. They are both in their mid 80s and particularly through Covid-19 have relied on these services for their communications as TT provide telephone plus broadband to them. 

Something has gone awry with their email service and I think it’s probably accidentally saving a password which they either can’t remember or which was mistyped. It may even be some kind of phishing attack. Anyway, they have had no email for 3 weeks and as bills etc come through that channel they are very frustrated and concerned. They also can't login to the TT account so this is bigger than just an email problem.

Since they have no smartphone and no backup email address on their service (I would like to add mine once this is resolved), I can’t see a way to reset?

I spent 40 minutes on TT chat on Wednesday night alongside my parents and there was no human response so we gave up. I'm now struggling even to find chat links which is why I registered for the forums.

I'm hoping TT can sort this over the phone. I've tried calling them but go through lots of menus only to be told that they are closed.

Any help greatly appreciated, this is wasting a lot of my time and frustrating my parents!

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

I've replied to your personal message. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 14

I'll re-escalate this, but nothing to worry about. Staff are not always on the community 5 days of the week, and very rarely at weekends, @JBarron .

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 14

Hi Ady - details sent in private message but no response, thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi JBarron, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi - please could you help as requested by my son thanks

Message 6 of 14

If the JBarron profile has their details and you help them to reply to this thread that would be perfect. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 14

Hello Ady - I've replied and added their details to the private section of this profile. Is it possible to sort out recovery email as added please. This will be required for the My Account login too I believe. Thanks, Neil

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Gondola I've added my parents details to the private section of this profile thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Gondola my parents are now registered under JBarron. Can customer service help them now using that? Thanks, Neil

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 14

Hi NBarron, please let us know the answers to the questions raised by Gondola.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

Hi NBarron 

You've not replied nor updated your Community profile. Are you waiting for something? I'd like the account holder to be ready for TalkTalk Mail Support from Monday morning. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 14

If your parents are registered through My Account for help with accessibility, phone support is available to THEM on a Sunday, @NBarron.

See the opening hours listed for phone, after the Chat button on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Otherwise there is not phone support on a Sunday, except for new sales.

Please see here for registering for priority fault repairs etc:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Registering-your-accessibility-requirements/ta-p/258302...

It just might be helpful to have this set up in case of any future problems with their service. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi NBarron 

Do you have  Power of Attorney / Authority to Act for your parents?  If you do then TalkTalk Support can help you to set up password recovery reset details for your parents.

Alternatively, is it possible for you to help the Account holder to register here with Community and when they are verified TalkTalk Support will set up password recovery reset details. The password reset mobile phone number can be yours if that's OK?

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you/the account holder as the registered email user and set up password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you/they can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in this Community Profile:

• Account holder name, current home 'phone number (if available). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your details and the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm the customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.