email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Lineone email account

Basil Don
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

I have tried to login to my Lineone email address via webmail but it is not accepting my password, I have tried calling the helpline but they are telling me that Talktalk do not support Lineone.net email addresses and I should contact Lineone.net for help, I asked the support person how we contact Lineone but they said they were unable to help with that information.

1) do talktalk still support legacy Lineone.net email addresses

2) if so, can someone help me get back into my email address that I have held for over 30 years.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Basil Don,

Gondola, as always is correct 🙂  -  I've now found the email address, I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can have you password reset 

Thanks

Chris

Message 2 of 10

Hi Basil Don 

I'm confident that the lineone email address is active on the TalkTalk Mail platform. I think Chris did not find the address because the mailbox address is not yet associated with a TalkTalk MyAccount. @Chris-TalkTalk?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 10

Hello, Chris.  Sorry, I am not familiar with this system, so I don't know where to find my profile.  I use two email addresses in connection with TalkTalk.  The one that I need a password reset for is at lineone.net.  The one that I use for billing and account admin. purposes is at yahoo.co.uk and that’s the one I use for the TalkTalk community too.  The rules say that I am not supposed to quote actual email addresses on the forum, so I hope you know which ones I am referring to.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 10

Hi Basil Don,

Could you confirm that the email address you've entered in your profile is correct as I'm unable to find it on our system

Thanks

Chris

Message 5 of 10

Hi Basil Don 

Perfect. Gives me confidence that within a few days you'll be back in action with the ability to change your lineone password and then add the lineone email address to your MyAccount. 

Keep us updated on how it goes.

Message 6 of 10

@GondolaThank you I have confirmed the email address is Deliverable and I sent an email to it this morning and have not received any bounce back.

I have updated my details as requested and hope that a TT Member of Staff will contact me shortly to assist with the reset.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Basil Don 

The mailbox does need to be added to a customer MyAccount or TalkTalk will want to charge you a subscription for the TalkTalk Mail facility. Managing your email in My Account 

However, you do need to know the email password to be able to add the mailbox to your MyAccount.

Just carry out a check to make sure the mailbox still exists and has not been deleted. Enter the email address at this website and if the mailbox is active it'll say Deliverable.

Also send the email address a message from another email account and see if you get an immediate bounceback error saying Undeliverable.

Let us know what happens in both cases.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't available. A TT Staff member will verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR TalkTalk account security answers
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile number to receive a password reset link or code.

When you're verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

Message 8 of 10

@GondolaWe are unable to use forgot password as it says they want to send a reset email to the email address that we are unable to access, I have also tried going in through my account but the lineone email address is not attached to my account.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Basil Don 

TalkTalk do continue to support lineone.net email addresses.

Changing your email password has a Forgotten password button.  Select that and see if you have set up password recovery options or if there's just the email address listed (for changing a password when you can sign in) or if you get an error message.

Let us know what you find and we'll guide you from there.