email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Access to Email Account

Sarah96
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have received an email stating that in 6 months time I will lose access to my emails, I don't have Talk Talk broadband but have had my email address for years and I don't see why I should have to pay £5.00 a month to access my emails.

Sarah Knowles

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Sarah, I'm afraid the information you have received is correct. The only way to keep existing TalkTalk mail accounts that aren't linked to active Broadband accounts is to sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus. Otherwise as detailed in the information the free email service that's been provided for so many years will be turned off. You are obviously entitled to choose not to pay for service, but there will no longer be any free mail service and in time your mail service will be turned off. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi Sarah

Did you decide what to do? It's useful to know if you've taken the full MailPlus (£50/y), the 2 year webmail only option (£2.50 for each year) or migration to another mail service and letting your mailbox go. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi Sarah96 

It's entirely your choice and you can subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus or rejoin TalkTalk for your home broadband to get up to 5 mailboxes included for free as part of the package.

If you wish to have 'free' email without the broadband then migrate to Gmail for example. If you feel 6 months isn't long enough to capture all your contacts then subscribe to MailPlus on a month by month basis and then anytime after the first payment is made and when you feel the need to move then call TalkTalk to cancel MailPlus and you'll get 2 years of webmail only access to make sure everyone that emails you over that time can be sent a mail message from you that you've changed your email address.

Select here: TalkTalk Mail Support Hub

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Cancel your TalkTalk service

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution