email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of emails

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 36 of 36

On the 9th my emails stopped, my password was refused and I could no longer send or receive emails. I phoned twice and then on screen advised to change password, they send me the relative email to manage the change bit of course I am unable to open. I was told the matter was ascaltaed and I have to wait for 24-48 hours, this happened some months ago and I was told my account had been hacked, has this happened again?

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

Hi chater,

Glad to hear you're on line again. Unfortunately I don't think you can setup a rescue email on the current platform but if you do experience any issues please just let us know and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 36

many thanks to you experts, I am on line gain, can I install a rsue email in case this happens again, without your help I would have been lost

0 Likes

Message 3 of 36

Hi chater,

How are you getting on, have you been contacted now?

Chris

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 36

should have said I am a bit late, have to go out at 3pm back buy 4.30pm onwards. Many thanks for help

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Thanks, I've asked the network team to call you ASAP

Chris

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 36

a bit late but yes

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

Hi chater,

Are you available if they call within the next couple of hours?

Chris

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 36

as I posted I missed the call to reset my passord, I have tried to call them back with no success, being a fulltime carer I have limited time for shopping etc, if they call again on my mobile to give me the reset password how long have I got to get home to access the PC to make the changes? and can you please contct them for me.

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 36

I have called back but no answer, could you contact them for me and ask if they could phone again , I am a full time carer for my wife so timing is a problem, I am by the phone now if it helps

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 36

I  have tried to call back the people who phoned yesterday wwith new password, no joy, could you advise number I need please.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

Thank you Chris and Gondola,  they phoned yesterday at 5.20 and left a message just my luck we were held up at  the opticians and missed the call, is it alright to call the number back this morning as I really need the password

0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

...OCE Chris is on the case.

So you can relax and await the phone call on your mobile.

The text in the three dots drop-down box is "not the best answer". Click that (in the future, should you need to).

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 13 of 36

It's OK, best answer has now been removed 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 36

am old and stupid I clicked on the 3 dots and nothing like you said came up

0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

Hi chater,

I've raised this to our network team to have the password reset and to contact you with the new one 

Thanks

Chris

Message 16 of 36

...it means you've marked your own thread as being solved by you. It will be seen as the problem has been fixed by you and no action is needed.

Click on the three vertical dots top right of the green coloured post marked solved and unsolve / remove best answer. 

Then sit back and do nothing more here.  Just wait for the TalkTalk Community Team OCE to reply.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 36

I posted earlier today but as yet no  help, I noticed my post now has a small box at the top called solution and it has a green tick, what does this mean and please I still have the problem

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 36

sorry the w on my screen keeps going just to add to my woes

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 36

This started on the 9th, I have been in contact with Talktalk every day, latest information is I will hear on the 21st, that is 14 days with a major fault, I am 88 full time carer for my wife we need email access, the community experts have been helpful and I have completed my profile as they required, I had this happen sometime ago when my passord was acquired, surely all they need to do is check I am who I say I am and supply a new temporary passord to get me going again, it appears the problem is now with the network team, I appeal for help.

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 36

Now 6 days of being unable to send and receive  emails  due to password  not being acc epted , the promised technical call yesterday did not happen, I have entered all the personal data as advised, please help me, 

0 Likes