email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of emails

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 36 of 36

On the 9th my emails stopped, my password was refused and I could no longer send or receive emails. I phoned twice and then on screen advised to change password, they send me the relative email to manage the change bit of course I am unable to open. I was told the matter was ascaltaed and I have to wait for 24-48 hours, this happened some months ago and I was told my account had been hacked, has this happened again?

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 21 of 36

I was promised a call today from a expert who would sort out my problem, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED  whAT IS WRONG WITH TALKTALK

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 22 of 36

Still Not Solved, I understand the community experts are off for the weekend and they deserve to be but soon in the technical department should be available and after a Long phone call yesterday I was promised a expert call today

0 Likes

Message 23 of 36

Hi chater

The TalkTalk Community Team don't normally work weekends. This topic will be picked up from Monday onwards unless they see you've marked up the topic as solved by yourself.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 24 of 36

Now Sunday, 5 days with no access to emails or send and password still not accepted, I have supplied all personal details, spent far too long on the phone , surely someone could contact me with a new password!  I AM TOO OLD TO SUFFER ALL THIS.

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 36

Have done what you advised all information has been entered, thank you

0 Likes

Message 26 of 36

Hi @chater

Your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) needs all of the following in the Private Notes area.  You'll find the Private notes box at the bottom of the Personal Information page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 27 of 36

how do I put it in to private notes?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 36

Hi chater, sorry to be a pain, but we need all the information below in order to help.

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Only put this information in Private Notes to keep it safe. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 29 of 36

I have entered my mobile number, my  wife uses Apple and has a Apple email address would this help?  48 hours is up and still nothing, I need to access and send e-mails for Hospital appts please help, has my account been hacked?

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 30 of 36

I have added my mobile number to my profile, would it help if I included my wife's apple address for reset password email?

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 31 of 36

I AM TRYING TO FIND MY MOBILE PHONE NUMBER TO PUT IN MY PROFILE, I KEEP THIS PHONE FOR EMERGENCIES AND NEVER USED IT. MY WIFE HAS A APPLE ADDRESS, COULD I PUT THIS IN MY PROFILE TO ALLOW TALKTALK TO SEND RESET EMAIL. NOTHING WORKING THIS MORNING THANKS FOR YOU HELP

0 Likes

Message 32 of 36

Hi chater, unfortunately we can't notify the email address that we're resetting it as it could alert the hacker if it's been hacked. Once you've added the information to Private Notes in your community profile post back to let me know and I'll get your password reset. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 33 of 36

Hi @chater

If an email user is not able to access the MyAccount change password facility or the self-help password recovery then the password recovery is the same as for non TalkTalk customers.  The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will authorise the changing of a password.

You'll first need to prove you're the registered user of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community support team will verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will then reply here to help with account or password recovery.

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 34 of 36

TalkTALK SHOULD ADVISE ONE IF THEY ARE LOCKING THE PASSWORD BECAUSE IT IS TOO WEAK, i AM UNABLE TO RESET PASSORD OR CHANGE PASSWORD AS i CANNOT ACCESS EMAILS.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 35 of 36

Hi @chater

The email system does monitor and may have detected a weak password or a compromised email account and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data.

Have you previously set up password recovery for the email address with an alternate email and mobile number? You could use the Reset your Password option.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots. 

Here's the advice on managing email in your MyAccount.