email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection to TalkTalk email account

janner1
Team Player
Message 28 of 28

After having lost my Lineone connection for the second time this year  and after being "off " for 3 weeks I was pleased when with the help of the community it came back on after Easter as they predicted . However my pleasure appears to be have been short lived for this morning my connection to my TalkTalk email was "down"  and now having the same problem with that address - prompts for password etc but  msg indicates neither the account our PW is recognised!  As someone who is not good with the technology I find this really frustrating. Does the problem really have something to do with Bank Holidays???? !!!!

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

I'm working on this I'll be back shortly. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28
Got your msg but unable to respond direct as says " no reply" in address panel, and other methods contact still shows that I have reached the limit for PMs. So have tried other ways of contacting you. Have you picked up any of these msgs. Still think that a phone call will be easiest in sorting this out. ~Ray
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 28

Hi Ray, you shouldn't have hit a PM limit on the community. I'll send one to you so that you can reply to me. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28
HI Any Just tried to contact you via PM with details of availability today but it tells me I have reached my limit and to try later! So hope you get this msg soon . please phone if you wish. Regards Ray
0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Of course we can Ray. Let me know when you're ready to go. I'll stay at my desk waiting until then. 🙂

Speak to you soon.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

I am getting this msg.

"Your e-mail account obscured for customer security was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again."

Got your other mail saying you could take me through the process  However I am not available today and will be away 'til Tuesday 14th. Hope we can link up then? Regards. Ray

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Hi janner1, please add the affected email address in the private note of your community profile or send it to me via personal message. At the moment in your profile there's just a message saying problem with and then the lineone address.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28
Morning Ady,
Pease see post 19 of 20 from Gondola re OCE setting up fault ticket. Any idea when this can be done? Many Thanks Ray
0 Likes

Message 9 of 28
Thanks Gondola I will wait to hear further from someone on OCE then . Thank you also for your patience and assistance over this matter as I get lost in all the technical issues. Contactless payments ? ~Bring back the White £5 note I say !! Best regards. Ray.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hi Ray

I've not seen that particular error message before but I'd say the mailbox has been locked because of too many wrong sign ins with an incorrect password.  The credentials are the email address and password as that's all that's needed for a webmail sign in.

I think it's best to let the OCE raise a fault ticket to ask the email admins to reset the email account and set up Reset details for you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 11 of 28
Thanks for that advice.

Have done as you suggested and got a new password for TalkTalk account which seems to be in order ?However when signing into TalkTalk Mail I get a msg " Your email account was disabled due to incorrect credentials etc - please edit and enter correct details" ? I can't see how to edit the TT email address and am now uncertain as to my credentials! In my macmail app, TalkTalk's is still showing as off line?
0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hi Ray

My apologies, it's me that's still working on the notion that it's a lineone account password recovery issue.

OK, so it's the talktalk.net account that you cannot sign in to. The same advice still applies.

I don't know why Reset details weren't fully set up for the talktalk.net email account.  They usually are required and definitely requested.  But a password change via MyAccount should work. Just sign in to your MyAccount, select My Services, select Manage Webmail, select Change password for the talktalk.net email account and remember to use the MyAccount password again to authorise a new password for the selected talktalk.net account.

If that still doesn't get you a new password to sign in to TalkTalk Mail then the OCE will need to raise a fault ticket.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28
Thanks for your response Gondola,
Seems to be some confusion creeping in , as I can access my lineone account . This was resolved after the Easter break. But very shortly afterwards I lost my Talk Talk account which had been set up as back up when lineone went down back in January as well.
"Infamy! Infamy! they have got it in for me!!!
I need to get the TalkTalk email back up and running as I gave this to several important bodies when I lost lineone in `January and am expecting mail within the next couple of weeks
0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Hi janner1 

OK I'll assume you're not able to sign in to your lineone email account and need the Reset details setting up so you can change the password via the Forgotten my password route instead of via the MyAccount change password route.

Wait for an OCE to reply here.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28
Not as far as I am aware? Now shutting down have had enough today!!!
0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Hi janner1 

Have you successfully changed the lineone email password going via MyAccount?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Thanks for all your info. Have tried all sorts now and am running out of steam - so many confusing and or conflicting messages and each time I attempt to sort something matters get worse  with various error messages coming through. i.e. "provided log in data to access email survivor map TalkTalk's.net seems to be wrong - please correct them"  last message  (whilst I still have some hair left!) says "email obscured for customer security was disabled due to invalid credentials - please edit a/c , enter correct details to enable" I think the  solution would be for you to escalate the problem with "the powers that be" and maybe for my accounts to start over from scratch if that is possible ?? Each time I have had a problem it has not been of my making but a problem with TT,   though with all the changes I am having to make to passwords etc etc  I would not bet on that ! Hoping you can help . Regards 

Ray

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Hi janner1 

If the only option is a reset to the lineone account itself then that means that Reset details haven't been set up. I can alert the TalkTalk Community team to set up Reset details for you so that you can choose your own password.

But if your lineone email account is listed in your MyAccount > My Services > Manage Webmail then you ought to be able to change the password right there.

• Login to MyAccount
  • Select My Services (grey header bar)
  • Select Manage Webmail
  • Select Change Password to the right of the listed lineone email account
    In the pop-up box there are 3 boxes
  • Top Box - Enter your MyAccount password
    (You just used the password to sign in to MyAccount)
    Middle Box - Enter a new ultra-strong email password never before used
    Lower Box - Repeat that new email password and click on confirm

Change password.png

Advice about new passwords: I recommend a 10-12 character password of multicase letters and numbers and allowed symbols.  Make it unguessable (try multiple memorable words with numbers and a symbol) and never before used anywhere on any other account.

Let me know how you get on and if there are any issues I'll escalate to TalkTalk for the Reset details to be set up.  Is the alternate email address and phone number in your Community profile, Personal information - Private notes?

If you can change the password via MyAccount then sign in to TalkTalk Mail and go to the Menu - Update your reset details is an option on the main menu.

Menu options - Update your reset details

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi ,As always thanks for your help. Have gone via the link once more and this time got to page RESET PASSWORD.. Asked how TT should send reset code - only option is to the Talk Talk  email account which is not working! I have previously given a mobile number but that does not appear any longer . Have also tried reset password via my account but it tells me my password is incorrect  and `I cannot progress  via this. ? Frankly I am lost 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Good morning janner1 

Try the link one more time. Let us know what options you're presented with.

0 Likes