email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYACCOUNT ACCESS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 12

so ive signed up to talktalk plus and when i click myaccount and enter my talktalk email, it says there is a technical error.  this has been going on for months.  apparently they no longer use talktalk.net but am unable to access my account without it????

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Carolecc10, if you see this Gondola is right. By deleting your profile you prevent us from helping you further. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 12

Hi Carolecc10

I see you've now closed your Community profile which means that TalkTalk Support here cannot help you to safeguard your email address from deletion nor remove the limitation to webmail only access because of non-payment via the Direct Debit that you cancelled.

If you'd changed your bank via the Banking Switch service then the new bank would seamlessly take over the Direct Debit so something to bear in mind for the future.

The TalkTalk advice is: "Your email account will be reduced to a basic service and eventually deleted if we're unable to collect payment. If this happens your service will be restored once full payment has been made via My Account or by getting in touch with us."

So, if you have been in touch with TalkTalk Customer Service and successfully made a payment to your MailPlus MyAccount by setting up a new Direct Debit with your new bank then your mail service would be unrestricted. i.e. not limited to webmail only access.

Let us know if you need any additional help.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your response I have all the info I need now and will await for the access issue to be solved.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for your responses, I have all the info I need now and will await for the access issue to be solved.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12

ok, thanks i have now resolved with talktalk as I had cancelled my direct debit and changed to a new bank.  I just couldn't understand why they would send an email saying pay via myaccount when its something i couldn't access for months due to a technical error their end and which is still going on, so another option of payment could have been offered as per your link below.

Message 6 of 12

Hi Carolecc10 

The MailPlus subscription is paid by UK Bank Direct Debit. You shouldn't need to sign in to the customer MyAccount to manage payments as those are automatic, either monthly @£5 or a one off annual payment of £50.

Has the Direct Debit been set up by your bank and has payment been taken? You're giving me the impression that there's an issue with payment and your email access via software or apps has been limited as a result.

At all times you'll have access to your mail messages via the TalkTalk Mail sign in.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your talktalk.net email address and its password, select Sign in.

Let us know if your access via other means has been limited and TalkTalk Support will remove that limitation pending resolution of any payment problem.

Message 7 of 12

@Anonymous, Talktalk does have other options for payment:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Payment-methods-and-paying-your-bill/ta-p/2204899

@Gondola, are these viable for paying for Talktalk Plus?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12

thank you, its been like that for months and i was told that i would never be able to use it again so how are people supposed to log in and manage subscriptions.  instead we receive emails saying pay your bill by logging into myaccount which you cant so they should be giving different options to pay instead of just cutting off email access.  you call several people and get several different answers and i work full time and do not have time to spend all day on forums. forgive my rant and you have been very helpful.  just wish things weren't so so complicated.....

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

Hi Carolecc10 

There's a known issue for some  TalkTalk Mail Plus customers in not being able to access the MailPlus customer MyAccount using the sign-up email address and its password. 

To add your email address to the list of those awaiting a fix just add your talktalk.net address to your Community profile Private notes.

I'm aware that you'll not have a TalkTalk home'phone but just put your normal contact number in the Phone number box. Save changes. 

TalkTalk Support will respond here in due course. 

If there's anything else I can help you with about TalkTalk Mail or anything you needed access to the MyAccount to achieve then just let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12

Sorry, haven't been with talktalk for years so can't remember it!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Please add your old Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, @Anonymous.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Helpful for us reading your post if you can avoid continuous upper case - it's also regarded as "shouting" on the internet. Your thread is in the queue for attention. Please look out for a reply on here.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.