email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook pro cannot connect to talktalk server

Fiesta
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I keep getting message "Cannot connect to server please enter password on talktalk email account"

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

That's great Henry. Sounds like the MAC was holding onto corrupt credentials. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Dear Ady,

I solved the problem by deleting my three TalkTalk email accounts from my Mabook email folder and reinstalling them. It connected with the server immediately. 

Thank you for responding.

Henry.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Fiesta, what mail domain and email settings are you using? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Fiesta 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and then save changes.

Enter your email address, select Continue.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

To start troubleshooting, compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any sign in error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

If using email software like Mac Mail, check for software updates and if the email account is set for IMAP or POP3.

Email Settings are listed for TalkTalk managed email addresses.  What is the email domain - talktalk.net or something else?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer