email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Inbox emptied without warning.

Anton4
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I was not using mail, but noticed that the small blue mail icon, which usually shows unread message numbers, suddenly changed to zero a few days ago. I checked and found that all content had gone from the inbox. Some spam items were still in the spam folder.

Not a total disaster as I have copies in Outlook, but it has happened again and post which came in since the first deletion has also gone.

I would like to know what is happening as it seems that if I do not check with Outlook frequently I could lose very important mail items.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi @Anton4 

First change the mailbox password to lock out any unauthorised logins and logins for devices that might be downloading and deleting your mail messages.

Do you need help to change the password?

Please then go via the TalkTalk Mail sign in using the new password and check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages from the Inbox.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header or cog icon on mobile browser)> Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel> Auto forward - disable > Filter rules - disable.

Let us know what you find.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes