email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Plus problem

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hi,

I'm posting here in the hope someone can help me as I'm getting no joy from TalkTalk. 

I've moved the rest of my services away from TalkTalk because after over a year of engineer visits they have been unable to stop my phone calls randomly disconnecting. I have raised a complaint about this, emailed a response 4 days ago and nothing. 

I was hoping to keep my email service with them but that's proving to be an uphill struggle with them too. TalkTalk told me I could keep my TalkTalk email address if I used Mail Plus. Then I told no I can't because apparently they don't support TalkTalk emails now. 

They said that they would set it up with my Gmail email address. They emailed me and assured me they had done this but for the past 2 weeks I've been getting a message that there's technical issues when I use the link provided on Twitter. 

Tonight I happened to have noticed an email come from TalkTalk to my Gmail email address about my old broadband account. It looks like they've actioned the wrong account?

I'm so confused by what they've done and I don't know what to do. 

I'm really wishing I'd never started with this company. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

The incident in this case is the an issue that affects multiple different accounts in the same way. We raise the fault as an incident and its managed by our incident team until its fixed. This is handled completely differently to a single fault that affects only 1 account. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 19

I don't understand what you mean by incident. What incident?

Is it a fault?

Is it the complaint I raised? That was closed about a week ago. 

I'm confused. I really don't understand what you mean. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Snoopy5, as I've said you have a mail plus account and your TalkTalk mail address is linked to it. Unfortunately, you won't be able to login to MyAccount for that Mail Plus account as there's currently an incident affecting your account and we don't have an estimated fix date.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 19

I still need help Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Snoopy5,

Apologies for the delay. How are you getting on, do you still need assistance? 

Chris

0 Likes

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 19

I am so confused. I can't access Mail Plus because it asks me for my account number? How do I get it then?

Also, why has it apparently been set up with another email address?

What's the long running issue? When is it going to be fixed?

I'm so confused, I wish I'd never started with this company 😢

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Right, I've found the other account. You won't be able to access it via the MyAccount pages as there's a long running incident affecting it. I'm not permitted to give you the account number due to GDPR. If you need support provide the talktalk email address and they'll be able to find the ocrrect account. As there's an account and the talktalk email address is linked to it it will be safe. 

Ady

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 19

I honestly don't know if I did or not. I'm well and truly confused. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Thanks for confirming the security information. I can't find an account for your Mailplus. Did you get an account number?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Snoopy5, I've sent you a personal message to get more information from you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

The attached file was perfect. I've requested help. Just awaiting TalkTalk Support to pick up the topic from their workflow.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 19

Thanks. I did get the images converted by an app and I did attach a pdf. Just in case that didn't show here it is again. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Snoopy5

The error message is the one I mentioned. I'll request TalkTalk Support to assist you.

Jpg / Jpeg images can be dragged and dropped into the reply area.

0 Likes

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 19

I think I have converted this correctly 

0 Likes

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 19

I can't attach a file as it says jpeg isn't supported? I don't know how to change that. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

I don't recognize that error response. Screenshot, image edit to obscure the first part of any email address and upload here so I can see exactly what is happening. 

0 Likes

Snoopy5
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 19

Tried that. It says I can't use that email address. When I log into my old account it's not using my TalkTalk email though?

So confused. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi Snoopy5 

Ignore what you've been told about using a non-TalkTalk email address to register for MailPlus. 

What you do is select the link below to subscribe to MailPlus. Choose the monthly or annual subscription option. Then you need to validate your email address and its password to ensure it's eligible for MailPlus. This essentially checks the email address is live on the TalkTalk Mail platform and is not used as a login for your former MyAccount that stays active for 12 months after leaving TalkTalk. If the validation check shows that "You're already a customer" it means the email address is linked to the customer MyAccount. So that's when you would change the login address to MyAccount to a non-TalkTalk email address to enable the TalkTalk address to be unlinked. Don't delete any address from MyAccount as that would be a permanent and non recoverable deletion.

Hopefully you'll be able to register one of your talktalk addresses and its password as the login for the new MailPlus MyAccount. Then you'll be able to add any other addresses up to 5 in total.

If the adding of any active talktalk address fails then we can ask TalkTalk Support for Community to move those addresses across to your new MailPlus MyAccount. So, the main thing is getting one of your talktalk addresses validated and a MailPlus subscription registered. You'll receive email notifications to that email address regarding the subscription and the set up of a Direct Debit.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Change your My Account email address

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

0 Likes