email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail dropped off my phone

HBDenito
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

I have a samsung phone that i pick up my mail from my talk account.

Yesterdat it stopped conecting and wont re contect. i have tried logging back in and re connecting the talk account to my mail but it wont connect.

cansomeone tell me how to fix this please

Denito

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi HBDenito, we've sent multiple emails warning of the change. If you don't want to take a TalkTalk Mail Plus account you will lose access to your email address.

If you feel you want to take this further you'll find the complaints process at the bottom of every TalkTalk webpage. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 12

Hi HBDenito 

Have your enquiries been answered? I accept that it's never good news that something that's been free is charged for non broadband customers. 

Anything else you need to check? Just say.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 12

TalkTalk support via LiveChat is here: Our LiveChat team.  Scroll down and wait for the light blue button to appear to Chat now; Grey button when LiveChat is busy or offline. Chat and opening hours are also here: Contact TalkTalk during Coronavirus restrictions

NB don't use any Ad-blocker or similar as that will block LiveChat.

Calls to Customer Service agents on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk 'phone.

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, call 0203 441 5550.

TalkTalk also support the Text Relay Service by simply dialling 18001 followed by 0345 172 0088.

HBDenito
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 12

who can i call about this, what is the phone number please

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

If you want free email then Gmail among others will offer you a free email service.

TalkTalk has to pay the email service provider, Open Xchange, for the use of the TalkTalk Mail service. So it's not a free for all I'm sorry to say.

You have at least around 3 months before the mailbox is permanently deleted. But you can subscribe to MailPlus on a month by month basis at £5 per month for up to 5 mailboxes. If you then call to cancel after the first subscription is paid you'll then have a further 2 years from the point of cancellation during which time you can capture all the contacts that mail you over that extended 2 year period.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Cancel your TalkTalk service

HBDenito
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 12

How is what you are doing legal, i have never had any notification of this change. i was a talk talk customer but the service was so bad i left. i was with tiscali / talk talk for over 15 years. so now i have to pay you to keep my e mail????

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi HBDenito 

As you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox is restricted to webmail only access unless you subscribe to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address across your devices including a mobile phone.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access.About TalkTalk Mail Plus

So, it looks like your mailbox has just been restricted to webmail only access which means it is flagged for deletion in around 120 days from the restriction being applied. If you wish to keep the mailbox active and not have it deleted then taking out a MailPlus subscription will keep your main email account alive.  You can cancel at any time after the first subscription is taken if you decide that MailPlus is not for you.

0 Likes

HBDenito
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 12

Hi

No i am not a talk talk customer any more, i only use my webmail account now. this is still my main e mail account

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer?

0 Likes

HBDenito
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 12

Hi My tiscali e mail address works OK on my computer, and i can log in and use it OK. the problem is my mail app on my phone (andriod) has stopped connecting to my tiscali mail account. i have had this mail address for 20 years.

how can i get my phone to pick up my tiscali e mails

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi HBDenito 

Have you added the tiscali email address to your customer MyAccount? Are you a current TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or Mail Plus subscriber?

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

This is to check the password is working for the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.  Do you think the password is strong? A weak password and perhaps not using secure mail using SSL/TLS encryption can cause a similar problem when using mobile mail apps.

Webmail access via a browser can keep you going until we understand why your mail app access isn't working.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

0 Likes