email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail going to deleted folder

GHackland
Participant
Message 7 of 7

I have valid mail from a trusted sender. I have added this sender to my contacts, and there are no filters blocking it. This mail goes directly into my Trash folder.

How can I prevent this?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

That's great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

I might have fixed it. In Thunderbird, I marked the mail as 'Not Junk'. I think it has done the job.

Message 3 of 7

Hi GHackland 

You've presumably checked the Junk settings in Thunderbird? And when you checked the TalkTalk Mail filters did you 'deactivate' a Blocked Senders Filter?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 4 of 7

I have followed all the actions Gondola suggested. Mail sends OK to my email address, and stays in my sent folder. I have updated my Community profile with my personal info. I receive no error messages. The mail client I am using is Thunderbird, but the problem stated occurs in Talktalk webmail as well as my mail client. All of my mail filters have been deactivated.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi GHackland, Gondola's gut instincts and mail client knowledge is great. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @GHackland 

My instinct tells me that you do have an auto-delete rule operating in Outlook that's acting on the sender's incoming mail.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your talktalk email address and then save changes.

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.  Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule in TalkTalk Mail that's diverting mail. TalkTalk Mail Filter rules are accessed via the main settings menu, Settings menu item, selecting the arrow on the Mail or Email line in the side panel and then selecting the Filter rules item.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer