email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage talktalk mail function unavalible

Pipertwin
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have an old Tiscali email address and when I became A TalkTalk customer I was hoping to link this to the account in order to keep using it. 

however every time I try to use the "Manage TalkTalk mail" function I am simply greeted by a message that says function unavailable (i have screenshotted below).

I have been bounced around various call trees but nothing has been sorted.

any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to lose the old Tiscali account. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Thanks for providing the information. I've added the mailbox to your account and pushed through the form to have the limitations lifted from the account so that it can be used with a mail client. It should complete within 24 hours.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for confirming the security information. Please send me the affected email address by PM and I'll add it to the account for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 8

have Re-entered all my info on the form

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 8

Hi Pipertwin,  unfortunately the information provided doesn't match what's held on our systems. I've sent the link again so that we can try again. 

Ady

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi Pipertwin, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Hi Pipertwin 

Are you a full fibre (Future Fibre) home broadband customer or a g-Fast or sub-100Mbps broadband customer and is your broadband actually live?

Is the tiscali.co.uk email mailbox currently working. Can you sign in to the mailbox?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali.co.uk email address and its password, select Sign in.

Just in case you need to change the password outside of the customer MyAccount, make sure you have set up password recovery reset details.

Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

The Functions not available error message:

Functions not available.

is indicative of the broadband service either not being fully set up and linked to the TalkTalk Mail platform or, if your broadband service is live, and you're not a Future Fibre customer, is an error that awaits a fix in the new year after normal business resumes from 4 January. 

The TalkTalk Support team can manually add an active email account to your new customer MyAccount for you to ensure it's safeguarded from limited access or deletion.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your tiscali email address, customer account number and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

I'll alert the TalkTalk Support team and you should get a more helpful response tomorrow.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 7 of 8

See the 'Current issues' thread at the top of this forum. 

Pipex refugee
0 Likes