email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive delay in getting emails to appear on my iPhone!!!

timwood1944
Popular Poster
Message 28 of 28

Hello All,

Since the "upgrade", emails have been taking hours if not days to appear on my iPhone from my tiscali email address.

Post "upgrade" all my tiscali emails were auto-forwarded to a gmail address that is linked to my iPhone.

Nothing has changed with my iPhone, or any settings whatsoever, but post "upgrade" emails are now not appearing on my handset until many hours (6 hours on average) to even 24 hours later, when they used to appear almost instantly.

Why would this be do you think???

Tim Wood
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi Tim

No worries. I'm just pleased they found and squashed the bug.

Hopefully Ady will get a report from the vendor and let us know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

Yes everything seems to be back to normal.

Credit where credit's due so thanks for your efforts.

Tim Wood

Message 3 of 28

@timwood1944 

What's your experience today of Auto forwarding?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

Hi John

Many thanks for confirming.  I've just tested and the new Mail platform auto-forwarded promptly for me too.

Looks like the vendor has fixed the bug. We'll likely get confirmation from Ady on Monday.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

John-
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 28

Pleased to report that Autoforward is working as usual

timwood1944
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 28

As John says above, this only affects autoforwarding.....

There has never been this sort of delay before so to suggest that this is somehow "normal" (see comment above) is a "buck passing" exercise in my view.....

The service I expect is the service I have been "enjoying" for the last 10 years plus, i.e. all my incoming emails being forwarded on to my gmail account in a timely manner, i.e. no more than 30 minutes to 45 minutes maximum delay....

This email "upgrade" (word used in the loosest possible term) has caused this problem.....

It needs to be fixed ASAP.....

Tim Wood
0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Ok thanks. We've already got a ticket open for the autoforwarding issue. I'll post back as soon as I know more. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

The problem appears to be with every email that I receive - they are not being autoforwarded in a timely manner.

There seems to be no problem sending mail

Message 9 of 28

And this is affecting every mail you send or receive?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Logging into webmail makes no difference

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Hi Ady

Auto Forward and Vacation Notice set up in TalkTalk Mail (Webmail). If forwarded emails or notices are sent to non-TalkTalk email addresses there's a significant delay in receipt.

No unreasonable delay in receipt by those same recipients when sending from the same TalkTalk Mail (Webmail).

Gondola

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Hi all, if you log into webmail do you still get the same delays? 

0 Likes

timwood1944
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 28

It's actually getting worse by the day now....

Nearly every email is at least 8 hours delayed with the average time now 14 hours before they appear....

Some are even longer.....

It really is a joke that the long awaited "upgrade" to the email platform has actually resulted in an even worse service.....

Customer loyalty is the only thing keeping this shower alive....

We should all leave en masse.....

Tim Wood
0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

Things still not as we would all wish - I had an email that was sent at 1524 yesterday but was not forwarded until 0754 today.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Hi both, I raised this with the email team a few days ago. I've sent a chaser this morning, hopefully it won't be too much longer to cure this. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

I`m another victim of long autoforwarding delays, currently 6 - 10 hours so your teams have some way to go to cure the problem.

Regards

Message 17 of 28

I`m another victim of long delays in autoforwarding  6 - 10 hours so I`m afraid your teams have some way to go to cure the problem

Regards

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Here is an example of the problem.

The first screenshot shows the email sent to me from Paypal which shows a time stamp of 21:15 yesterday 01/04/19.

The second screenshot shows when it hit my iPhone which shows 04:33 this morning.

As you can see, the delay is ridiculous.

Please can you treat this as URGENT as I need a resolution quickly.

This was never a problem prior to the big Email "Upgrade" that happened a few weeks ago.

Tim Wood
0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hello,

No sorry still showing delays of 2 to 6 hours before emails are being forwarded and appearing on my iphone.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Tim Wood
0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Hi both, the OX team were looking at this as a priority for us. Since the weekend I've noticed I've got all the test mails I was waiting for. I'm hoping this means you're all seeing the mails hitting the inboxes as they should now. If not please let me know. 

0 Likes