cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Massive delay in getting emails to appear on my iPhone!!!

27 REPLIES 27
timwood1944
Popular Poster

Hello All,

Since the "upgrade", emails have been taking hours if not days to appear on my iPhone from my tiscali email address.

Post "upgrade" all my tiscali emails were auto-forwarded to a gmail address that is linked to my iPhone.

Nothing has changed with my iPhone, or any settings whatsoever, but post "upgrade" emails are now not appearing on my handset until many hours (6 hours on average) to even 24 hours later, when they used to appear almost instantly.

Why would this be do you think???

Tim Wood
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @timwood1944 

I don't know why but it is a fact that there is a delay, maybe because the sending of auto-forwarded email (and out of office replies) is given a much lower priority. Or it's an issue with how the Filter rules are working?

It does need investigating so we'll take this opportunity to report the issue for you.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the TalkTalk email address to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link you to your TalkTalk email account.

We'll be interested to see what the Project team have to say.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

timwood1944
Popular Poster

Thanks very much.

Tim Wood
timwood1944
Popular Poster

Any update yet on this as it's still a problem.....

Thanks

Tim Wood
Ady-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi timwood1944, I've seen a few people asking similar questions in other threads. I've asked the questions and will post back to let you know whether we need to raise fault tickets for you or if there's something else being or needing to be done. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

timwood1944
Popular Poster

Anything happening on this????

It's getting worse and worse.......

Now an average of 8 hours before emails are being forwarded.

The usual shocking service from Talk Talk........

Tim Wood
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Tim

I'd also like to see a resolution because there isn't a justifiable reason for the significant delay that we're seeing for out of office and auto-forwarded emails.

I'm confident that we're just awaiting a response from the email project team. They are working on urgent issues but I'll stay on the case for this one.

timwood1944
Popular Poster

Ok and thanks for your continued assistance.

It's even worse this morning by the way....

Thanks

Tim Wood
Ady-TalkTalk

Hi both, the OX team were looking at this as a priority for us. Since the weekend I've noticed I've got all the test mails I was waiting for. I'm hoping this means you're all seeing the mails hitting the inboxes as they should now. If not please let me know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

timwood1944
Popular Poster

Hello,

No sorry still showing delays of 2 to 6 hours before emails are being forwarded and appearing on my iphone.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Tim Wood
timwood1944
Popular Poster

Here is an example of the problem.

The first screenshot shows the email sent to me from Paypal which shows a time stamp of 21:15 yesterday 01/04/19.

The second screenshot shows when it hit my iPhone which shows 04:33 this morning.

As you can see, the delay is ridiculous.

Please can you treat this as URGENT as I need a resolution quickly.

This was never a problem prior to the big Email "Upgrade" that happened a few weeks ago.

Tim Wood
John-
Chatterbox

I`m another victim of long delays in autoforwarding  6 - 10 hours so I`m afraid your teams have some way to go to cure the problem

Regards

John-
Chatterbox

I`m another victim of long autoforwarding delays, currently 6 - 10 hours so your teams have some way to go to cure the problem.

Regards

Ady-TalkTalk

Hi both, I raised this with the email team a few days ago. I've sent a chaser this morning, hopefully it won't be too much longer to cure this. 

John-
Chatterbox

Things still not as we would all wish - I had an email that was sent at 1524 yesterday but was not forwarded until 0754 today.

Regards

timwood1944
Popular Poster

It's actually getting worse by the day now....

Nearly every email is at least 8 hours delayed with the average time now 14 hours before they appear....

Some are even longer.....

It really is a joke that the long awaited "upgrade" to the email platform has actually resulted in an even worse service.....

Customer loyalty is the only thing keeping this shower alive....

We should all leave en masse.....

Tim Wood
Ady-TalkTalk

Hi all, if you log into webmail do you still get the same delays? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Ady

Auto Forward and Vacation Notice set up in TalkTalk Mail (Webmail). If forwarded emails or notices are sent to non-TalkTalk email addresses there's a significant delay in receipt.

No unreasonable delay in receipt by those same recipients when sending from the same TalkTalk Mail (Webmail).

Gondola

John-
Chatterbox

Logging into webmail makes no difference

Ady-TalkTalk

And this is affecting every mail you send or receive?