email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of recipients I can send an email to.

TeeBeeUK
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

I email out a magazine to members of a society.

What is the maximum number of people that I can send an email to (with an attachment).

What is the maximum file size for an attachment?

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I currently send in 4 batches of 25. They all go one after the other straight away but as I'm adding new members all the time it's why I was wondering what the maximum was.

Seems like it's probably best to keep them in the smaller batches.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

...TalkTalk is normally 50 per hour and 500 per day and 10MB attached.

So if you have exactly 100 recipients and send to a group of 50 at 9am you'll normally not be permitted to send to the next group of 50 until 10am.  The recommended maximum attachment size is 10MB.

The closer you are to the limits the more likely to get a rejection on sending.

But what usually catches bulk senders out is when recipient mailboxes are unavailable or have marked your emails as spam.  In this circumstance the spam protection will see the error response from the recipient servers and will stop the rest of the group sending as a spam protection measure.  Sending in smaller groups helps to prevent that group failing in part.

The worst case is when a remote server rejects several emails and then your email gets 'blacklisted'. 

Group email sending is not without its 'trials and tribulations'.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

My newsletter goes out to around 100 people so I was wondering what the maximum amount of people you could add to a single email. It used to be a maximum of 25 per email but from what you are saying this has now increased to 50.

Still would like to know maximum file size of an attachment I can add.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

...yes, my memory cells are still working apparently!  Those are the standard stats applicable to TalkTalk email sending on the TalkTalk network, according to my briefing notes.

I assume you had a reason for asking? If there are problems then, as usual, let me know the error messages / error codes and the circumstances and I'll do my best to help or call in help from TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @TeeBeeUK

TalkTalk is normally 50 per hour and 500 per day and 10MB attached. I'll check that's right and come back if different. 

0 Likes