email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration, confusion, "security" ( Potential loss of files ) ??

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 7

WAS: "Migration & Outage" ....
Copied across, from previous thread ...
[ I think a lot of it is down to confusion on my part, as well as an intermittent failure of emails to send properly.

For instance, this morning,the system point-blank refused to "send" - or rather, it tried & failed.

However on logging in at approx 18.15 hrs, it worked immediately. ]

I also have questions regarding the location & stability/security of files during/after the transfer/migration.

If I log in to the old/legacy page, everything is still there, including my truly horrible "looped" file/folders that should not exist.

All my old Inbox & Sent files are still visible there, but NOT on the new pages

Contrariwise - only messages sent/recieved after yesterday morning are showing in the new pages.

Am I in danger of losing all those files, unless I back them up on to offline pages inside my own machine?

Can I, later, re-introduce them to the new layout?

Is there any way at all of erasing the ( hopefully empty ) "looped" files & folders?

Finally ... what is happening to cause this erratic, extremely irritating & could-be-costly refusal of the system to "send", except when it feels like it?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

closed as requested. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Please CLOSE this thread?
I'm going to use the "SENT items vanished" thread for this, as it's more appropriate ....

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Repeating from elsewhere ...

Almost everything is now working .. EXCEPT the very erratic refusal to "send" from here - sometimes it will - sometimes it wont.

Error-message in MS "Outlook" says: 

QUOTE] Task my_email_address - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.' [ ENDQUOTE

Except, about half the time, it sends OK & the other half it won't !

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Now ... I'm REALLY confused.

All the emails ( In "Inbox & "Sent" ) are now showing in the new platform - the blue/purple headed new TalkTalk platform that we have migrated to.

When the old legacy ( Red-colour ) pipex platform is shut down - will I lose the emails, or will they still be there on the new one - because they have moved across?

P.S. As I've said on the other thread, my home email ( Usin MS Office ) is playing up again & being erratic about sending measages.

It's so inconsistent & unrelaible ....

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

If you want any of the mail showing in the old platform back it up immediately. We did mention the need to backup mail in the mailers we sent out ahead of the upgrade. Once all the mailboxes are migrated and we're happy it's done that old platform will be decommissioned.

If you have the folders called 1 etc then you can delete them from the old platform, but there's no need to as they'll go when the platform shuts down.

I hope that helps.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Update

I understand MS "Outlook" is having problems & that's my home normal email pages.

Working immediately,- - right now, anyway.

However, my questions regarding file security over time, access via new & old TalkTalk web pages & the "looped" file-folders still stand.

0 Likes