email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing emails Toucansurf

manders35
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

I have just logged onto my old Toucansurf email account and all my emails have gone.What are my options in retrieving them as some had very important documents attached.Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Oh that's unfortunate. It would've have been good if you'd manage to find the missing emails. TalkTalk don't provide mail backups, which means if the mail isn't on the mail server then it's gone. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Ady,yes have checked all folders,and no client is pulling the mail down.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi manders35, I take it you've checked every folder? There's no mail client collecting the mail that might have pulled it down from the server is there?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi,I can log in via legacy and also through talktalk.The only emails showing are the very recent ones,last few weeks.My previous emails from past years are still missing.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi manders35, where have you checked? Are both webmails showing no mail? Is there no mail showing in a mail client? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Ady,the migration has happened but unfortunately none of my previous emails are showing.Is there anything that can be done to retrieve them?, thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

There's no reason to expect anything other than that.  No changes will be made other than the migration from the old platform to the new one. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15
Thanks Ady,does that mean everything will still be there?
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi manders35, due to the length of time since you last logged in the mailbox wasn't migrated as we believed it wasn't needed. There's a mop up in a couple of weeks to move remaining mailboxes over and yours will be amongst those. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi manders35 

The email isn't recognised as being on the TalkTalk Mail platform. Either the email address has missed being upgraded or it's an alias for the master mailbox that normally has an email address of the form firstname.lastname@toucansurf.com

So, the question is do you have a master mailbox address that does verify as being on the TalkTalk Mail platform?  You can sign in to the online mailbox using only the master email address and password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 11 of 15

See attached pic, say's email address is not registered.I have sent and received emails from the account

obscured for customer security

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi manders35 

You shouldn't be redirected to a legacy login. If you are it means the toucansurf mailbox is not active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Show me a screenshot of where you're redirected to.

Select the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password.  Do you see an error message in a box or do you get offered password reset options. If you've forgotten the password or it's been reset or changed then you'll need to see password reset options of your password recovery alternate email address and or mobile 'phone number.

Tell us what you see. If you happen to get an error message then the next step is to see if the email address is active. Enter the toucansurf email address at this site, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Verify button.  Does that indicate Deliverable or something else?

If it doesn't indicate deliverable then send the toucansurf email address a mail message and see if you get a prompt bounceback of undeliverable (or unavailable or suspended) and if so let us know the full error message.

Message 13 of 15

Hi,yes can do that no problem,I get redirected to legacy login, access my account but all folders are empty

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @manders35

Launch an Internet browser and then:

Enter your toucansurf email address, select Continue.

Enter your toucansurf email password, select Sign in.

You should see the set of standard folders in your mailbox. If there are sub-folders then the main folder will have an inward facing arrowhead icon on the folder name row. Just select that arrowhead icon to expand to show sub-folders and the mail message contents.

How are you currently viewing your email account?