Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Modem/Hub

6 REPLIES 6
henners1
Chatterbox

Hi,

Any ideas please ? My modem/hub drives my PC, but I cannot get internet on my tablet or phone. Is the hub now faulty, and requiring a new unit, and will Talk Talk help towards the cost of this. 

Appreciate any ideas,

Many thans

Henners 1

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @henners1 I guess you are saying wired works but WiFi not?

Do the WiFi devices see the WiFi?

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Michelle-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi henners1,

Are you unable to connect any wireless device? Has this previously worked ok? Have you tried factory resetting the router and resetting this up again?

Restore your router to factory settings

Thanks

td123
Whizz Kid

@henners1 

Is you WiFi still enabled? I'm guessing your PC is hard wired with an ethernet cable so won't be affected either way.

If your not sure how to check then "left-click" on the TV screen icon on your task bar (probably bottom righthand-corner on laptop screen) The top 2 on the list should be your wired connection then your Wi-fi. The Wifi will either show as "connected, secured" or there will be check boxes for "connect" /"connect automatically"... If you cannot see either click on the connection to extend the box. If you see the connect options then use them to re-establish your WiFi

henners1
Chatterbox

Hi, Yes that is the problem. I have internet through my PC ethernet, but there is no WiFi on any device. I have restarted the modem, switched on and off, but cannot find WiFi.

Any ideas please

Henners1

henners1
Chatterbox

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The connect box does not show wifi, I have always had good wifi through the modem, but now although lights are on the wifi light is not on. I have used reset button, and switched on and off, any other ideas ?

Thank you,

Henners1

Debbie-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi henners1

Thanks for your reply.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie