email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Access Issue

Sammy C
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I have been trying to access my account since the start of November and have had no luck. I have had several support calls with the chat service and they have only made the problem worse.

1.  I wanted to log into My Account to update my payment information to come out from a new bank account and was unable to. It was explained to me that this was due to using a @Tiscali.co.uk email address. It was updated by the agent to a new @outlook.com email address.

2. I am still unable to log in using the new @outlook.com email address. When logging in my Tiscali email address gives a technical issue message, and my Outlook email gives a wrong password message.

3.  When I try to reset my @Tiscali password it says the account does not exist. When I try to reset my @outlook password it gets me to the password reset page and then fails to change due to "something went wrong". Using the send me a link to log in feature tells me that "an account with that email address does not exist". So neither @Tiscali.co.uk or @outlook.com appear to exist or work properly.

4. While I couldn't log in the agent was able to update my direct debit, and I received email confirmation that the new direct debit was setup. However every time I contact support now they keep telling me I haven't paid for my Mail Plus. I assume either the agent failed to set up my direct debit correctly or they corrupted my account somehow as it appears to exist under two email addresses neither of which work.

5. Now that the agent has broken my account, not only am I unable to log in to My Account I can also no longer log into my emails on my iPhone or my Windows Mail app on my laptop. I have also been told to "wait X working days" a few times and I have done so, but there has been no resolution.

Since reaching out for help I have actually had MORE issues created for me than when I started. At least I could use my emails before the agents mucked it all up. Now I can't even use my email account properly.

I want to be able to log in to "My Account". I want to use my emails. I want to pay for my Mail Plus service. I have been struggling with the chat service team all month, can someone from TalkTalk please reach out to resolve this issue? What should be a simple username/password fix shouldn't take this much time and grief.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Sammy C, I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Sammy C 

There's a known issue for some TalkTalk Mail Plus customers in not being able to access the MailPlus customer MyAccount using the sign-up email address and its password.  It's totally wrong of Customer Service to ask you to use a different email address because the tiscali sign up email address should work. It's worrying that you say the email password change does not work as expected. I suspect the root cause of the sign in issue is that password changes are not synchronised to MyAccount for MailPlus customers.

So, please check for me. Use the Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password as that will take you to the email password reset and recovery.  If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, that you recognise from the hints as your current recovery methods, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise an email password reset.

Use the new password on the TalkTalk Mail sign in to prove it's working.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and new password, select Sign in.

To add your email address to the list of those awaiting a MyAccount fix just add your tiscali.co.uk address to your Community profile Private notes.

I'm aware that you'll not have a TalkTalk home'phone but just put your normal contact number in the Phone number box. Save changes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here in due course.

If there's anything else I can help you with about TalkTalk Mail or anything you needed access to the MyAccount to achieve then just let me know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes