email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account broken

bmp01
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

Ive been told its not possible to log in to My Account at the minute due to ongoing work. Is there any indication when that work might be finished and the My Account service will be available?

thanks,

bmp01

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Message 2 of 11

Right, bidirectional - that makes sense 👍

Message 3 of 11

Thank you Chris.

Message 4 of 11

Hi bmp01 

When an email address on the TalkTalk Mail platform is employed as the MyAccount login username then the password for MyAccount and that email address are synchronised regardless of whether you change the MyAccount login password or the email address password. 

What you've found is correct.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

bmp01
Team Player
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Gondola for that information.

Regarding the My Account access, seems like I'm a mushroom; being kept in the dark and being fed ......

Who knows, maybe the Sunday morning outage has something to do with it.

Confirmation of Ady's holiday, thanks, if I had known that would have saved some effort on my part.

So one thing I did notice regarding the password stuff: I've been requested to change my My Account password many times, by several routes -  my web mail password also changed 'by its self' to fall inline with My Account password. This seems to be the other way around to what you have observed. Useful to know there is a link between the two.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening me on a couple of points.

bmp01

Message 6 of 11

Hi bmp01,

I've replied on your other thread

Chris

Message 7 of 11

Hi bmp01 

If there was a major issue with access to MyAccount then it would be noted on the Service Status dashboard. There will be an outage of MyAccount early Sunday morning (26th September) and this you can track on the  Service Status (Planned Maintenance) page. 

I can sign in to my TalkTalk customer MyAccount and see what's there, download bills etc.

When a few MailPlus customers found they couldn't sign in I saw that the common factor was they'd changed the email password. This is normally synchronised to the MyAccount login. So, I deduced then that maybe this synchronisation was failing. But as I don't have a dummy account to test with I have to leave this to TalkTalk Support.  Yes, Ady is on leave this week. We're pleased to have Chris looking after us.

Pending being able to log in, Ady has ensured that other customers in your position have had any orphan mailboxes safeguarded from limited access or deletion. But ideally you need full access to the MailPlus MyAccount.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Ah-ha, ok.

I tried to get some help through the Chat help.... to day I've been told many people are having issues and cant access their My Account - the reason being there is work ongoing. Been told that twice now, each time "please come back in a couple of days"....

Agree entirely tech issue with my own My Account should be dealt with on the thread I started. Not much happening since last Friday though, similarly no time plan. Ady might be away this week I dunno...?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

There is no work ongoing in MyAccount. Simply an issue with the setup of your MyAccount that should be being investigated on your principal topic here:  Mail-Plus-cant-log-in-to-My-Account

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Moderator Note:  This is a duplicate topic.

0 Likes