email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Tiscali email account has suddenly stopped working on my iphone 6s

Flojo
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Up until last week I have been receiving and sending email to/from my Tiscali account on my iPhone 6s.

Last week I noticed that I hadn't received any email, so clicked on the error message, to be told that there was 'No password provided for tiscali.co.uk - please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password'

I followed the instructions - there was already a password there, but I deleted and re-entered it with no success.  So tonight I have tried to delete the account completely from my phone and add it again - but when I enter my email address and password, my iPhone tries to verify them and I then get the same error message as before!

Any ideas?  This has just happened out of the blue and it's really annoying!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Flojo, did you decide to sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 6

Hi Flojo, do you have an active TalkTalk broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus account? If not your mailbox may have been limited to prevent you from using mail clients.

You can sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus now.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Yes, please do let us know how you get on. 

If you wish you can subscribe on a month by month basis and call to cancel at any time. 

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Cancel your TalkTalk service

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Flojo
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola,

No I'm not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer, so I think I need to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus. I'm not sure if I've had an email or not about limited access or deletion.

I clicked on the link you sent to check that my password was working for TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in and it's working fine on my desktop. In fact I've no issues at all with accessing my email on the desktop, just my phone.

I'll look into TalkTalk Mail Plus and see how I get on.

Thank you!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Flojo 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer? If not then your mailbox may get limited or restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about limited access or deletion of your TalkTalk managed tiscali email address and mailbox then you must add your tiscali email address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days from the first mail message notification from TalkTalk the mailbox is limited or restricted to webmail only access.  See below: Email not showing in My Account.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

This is to check the password is working for the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.

Email not showing in My Account

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution