email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My husband and I both have talk talk email and neither of us are able to send anything.

DebbieJ250
First Timer
Message 1 of 4

We are both receiving emails ok and have tried on both mobile and desktop but all emails that we're trying to send are coming back with the error below

a message you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients.  this is a permanent error.  The following address failed:

(destination email address then listed)

authentication problem occured while trying to authenticate

(my email address then listed) with smtp.talktalk.net, re-enter your credentials in mail application.

Tried to call talk talk help line last night but they were no help whatsoever.

Help!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi Debbiej250, are you able to send to that same address in webmail? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

a3jgc
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 4
I have had the same problem for the past 2 days. Tech support re-indexed my email account and that seemed to allow me to send emails again. Unfortunately the problem has returned and again I have had my email account reindexed so that it is presently working.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 4

Hi a3jgc, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help you. Make sure the affected email address is in your profile. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes