email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My old onetel email accounts

marsalis
Popular Poster
Message 28 of 28

I need to keep several old onetel accounts going as they are important for continuity.  I am happy to pay for the TalkTalk Mail Plus service.  Will I be able to bring these old accounts into this new service & send/receive messages directly from my Apple email client using incoming/outgoing server settings (whatever they are)?

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

If you set up an IMAP email account in Apple Mail then:

Username: full onetel email address

Password: onetel email password

Incoming mail server name: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Connection security: Use TLS/SSL

Authentication: Normal Password

Username: full onetel email address

Password: onetel email password

Outgoing mail server (SMTP) name: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Connection security: Use TLS/SSL if there's no STARTTLS option.

Authentication: Normal Password

If asked to accept a certificate, accept.

The username and password is not optional. 

If this still is not signing in then take screenshots of the server settings obscuring the first part of the email address before uploading here. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 22 of 28

thanks Gondola I really appreciate your input

I did find the information you refer to & tried a few hours as IMAP & POP but I still get the unable to verify message.  I can neither send nor receive using the 'proper' settings I should be using though I can receive via mail.onetel.com.  My webmail is working fine so all passwords are good & I always use my full email address as username

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Not surprisingly as your settings are way out of date.

Outgoing server (SMTP) is: smtp.talktalk.net

Port is: 587

Connection security is: Use TLS/SSL (Apple/Mac Mail) otherwise STARTTLS

Authentication is: Normal Password

Did I give you the recommended email settings and a link to the post at the top of this forum?

Also, you'll inevitably remember that with onetel you could use a Username that was just the first part of your email address. Not any longer. Your Username for both the incoming and outgoing mail servers is your full onetel email address. 

Message 24 of 28

thanks Gondola

I have set up a Mail Plus account & added my old onetel accounts.  i cannot get outgoing mail to work from my email client using smtp.onetel.com which comes up as 'offline'.  I have set up as IMAP & port 25 but when I try to sane I get 'Unable to verify account name or password'.  Hugely frustrating

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi marsalis 

Select the MailPlus help page and you'll see (scroll down) a purple Sign up button. Select and you will be taken to the Mail Plus sign up process. The very first thing is to enter the onetel email address and password you wish to sign up with. 

If the system agrees that the email address qualifies for Mail Plus and you proceed to subscribe on either a month by month or annual Direct Debit subscription and the subscription is confirmed then that email address and password will be the sign in credentials for the MailPlus MyAccount. 

Once you have the MyAccount set up as a mail only customer you'll be able to add additional onetel email addresses to that same MyAccount under the same subscription. Maximum of 5 mailboxes per subscription. 

Message 26 of 28

thanks Gondola

re: 'All that's needed is to enter the email address and password to check that the email address qualifies for the Mail Plus subscription.'  

Can I do this before opening a Mail Plus account or do I have open one first?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 27 of 28

Hi @marsalis 

If you're a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer then add the onetel email addresses to your customer MyAccount subject to having spare mailbox slots. 5 mailboxes are free as part of the broadband package.

Managing your email in My Account 

MailPlus is designed for mail only customers. A subscription service to retain up to 5 TalkTalk Consumer managed mailboxes including the onetel family of domains. 

All that's needed is to enter the email address and password to check that the email address qualifies for the Mail Plus subscription. About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

Once added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, whether broadband or MailPlus mail only, you'll be able to continue to receive and send mail messages via webmail and email client software like Apple Mail or other mobile email apps. 

The recommended settings given by TalkTalk are Email settings - IMAP & POP3 and I've also put a sticky post at the top of this email forum Upgrade your legacy mail settings that is also applicable to onetel mailboxes. 

Let us know if you need any additional help.