email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My onetel address can't send emails through gmail

lausha
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I access my onetel account through gmail. A while back I noticed that when I emailed a gmail account from my onetel-via-gmail it bounced back.  Now it's affecting all other email addresses too.

I looked at my mail setup in my gmail dashboard, and my other non-gmail addresses that I access through gmail are just listed by name, but my onetel says "Mail is sent through: smtp.talktalk.net
Secured connection on port 587 using TLS"

My username is ******@onetel.com and the password is correct.

The only other port options are 25 and 465.

The error message I received most recently when an email bounced back was:

"You're sending this from a different address or alias using the 'Send mail as' feature. The settings for your 'Send mail as' account are misconfigured or out of date. Check those settings and try resending."

The response from the remote server was
535 5.7.0 ZUpkmXIdECDHP Authentication Credentials Invalid (TT300)

Please help.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Please let us know if you need more help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

lausha
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 10

I haven't received any such email and I have checked spam etc but clearly that is what is happening. Thanks for your explanation.

Message 3 of 10

Hi lausha, Gondola's advice is accurate as always. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 10

Hi lausha 

TalkTalk are sending out notifications of email accounts being limited to webmail only access.  They look like this:

TalkTalk for Everyone

YOUR TALKTALK MAIL
ACCOUNT HAS BEEN LIMITED

Hi, we recently got in touch regarding changes to your TalkTalk Mail account.
Starting today, you'll no longer be able to send or receive emails through desktop or mobile email management applications. You will now only be able to do this by visiting www.talktalk.co.uk/mail.

Starting six months from today, we'll be permanently deleting TalkTalk Mail accounts that aren't signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus or part of an active TalkTalk broadband account. We'll send you a reminder before this happens.

You can avoid losing your email address and having to update any other accounts you have connected to it. Check out your two easy options below.

Orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses (including the onetel domain) that are not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail only access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. But you are being given the opportunity to retain the use of the email address as a subscriber to MailPlus or a long period of notice to migrate usage to another mail provider like Gmail, for example.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices or mail collection services is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus explains more.

If you need more guidance please let us know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

lausha
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 10

I'm not a TalkTalk customer, I've had my onetel email account for years (I was originally a onetel customer) and it's worked fine ever since. What's happened? Why has the option to send email through this address via gmail been revoked? And why was I not given any warning or any option to do something about it, if it has been revoked?

I can send email from my webmail portal but surely it's in TalkTalk's interests if I store my emails with gmail rather than using up TalkTalk's space?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi lausha 

You had the Send mail as: settings in Gmail correctly entered.

Mail is sent through: smtp.talktalk.net

Secured connection on port 587 using TLS

You could Edit the settings to re-enter the known correct password for the full onetel email address. Or delete the entry in Gmail and set up afresh. You'll need to authenticate the sending by responding to the email that Gmail will send to your onetel mailbox.

However, we haven't yet had confirmation from you on whether you're a TalkTalk Consumer customer taking home broadband or a MailPlus subscription and, if you are a customer, whether the onetel.com email address is shown in your customer MyAccount, My Mailboxes list. If the onetel email address is not shown in an active customer MyAccount then it could be limited to webmail only access that you know works but have no access to email sending via other apps or services like Gmail. 

lausha
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 10

Another error. I can receive emails to my onetel address via gmail. But I can no longer send them via gmail. I get a "you no longer have access to *@onetel.com" message.

I've logged into my webmail and sent an email from there so that works fine. I've checked and there are no filters on there.

I just can't send using gmail any more. Nothing at my end has changed. I've re-entered my password which it accepts. This has only just happened, yesterday it worked fine. Have there been any changes at onetel? And if not, how do I fix it?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi lausha, has Gondola helped you get this sorted? 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi lausha 

You already have  an open topic here for this email account.  you indicated that you could sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail using your onetel email password.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full onetel email address and its password, select Sign in. Let us know the error message if the sign in does not now work. And let us know if you can sign in OK and have checked there is No filter rule defined.

Are you a TalkTalk consumer customer paying for home broadband or a MailPlus subscription and is the onetel email address listed in the customer MyAccount, My Mailboxes list?

The TT300 error indicating the credentials are not accepted means that either the email account has been compromised and the password changed, or secured because of a weak password or simply limited to webmail only access because the address is not listed in an active customer MyAccount.

Have you changed or tried to change and upgrade your onetel email password in the case that the password is deemed weak by the TalkTalk mail servers?

Let us know if you're a TalkTalk Consumer customer taking a full-fibre service. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management.

Changing your email password

Email not showing in My Account

About TalkTalk Mail Plus