email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need working configuration data for Win email client

BigKim999
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Since Wed 23 Sep afternoon have not been able to connect to pop.dial.pipex.com or smtp.dial.pipex.com mail servers via my Win email client.  Need instructions for configuring properties for email accounts.  Wish to use POP3 server.  My iPad can access and contribute to my email account via TalkTalk application but can not access account from my Win email client.

Help

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi BigKim999 

Outlook is the obvious replacement for Outlook Express but OE Classic is a commercial product designed to feel like Outlook Express but to overcome the limitations, risks and regular corruptions inherent in Outlook Express.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

The reason I like Outlook Express is the visual paradigm.  I have looked at Windows Mail and have not been impressed with its visual paradigm.  I am looking a Thunderbird now but again it is very flat.  Are there any add-ins to Thunderbird to make it look like Outlook Express?  Are there other email clients that look like Outlook Express?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi BigKim999 

The settings are ok. But really! Using Outlook Express 6? You have to go out of your way to get the product working on Windows 10 because it's a deprecated security risk product that Microsoft actively stops it working.

Start using Windows Mail or the alternative product from Moziilla, Thunderbird or simply start using TalkTalk Mail when the dial.pipex mailbox gets upgraded to TalkTalk Mail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

This Win client is Outlook Express 6 executing on Windows 10 Home OS build 19041.508.

Tools -> Accounts -> Properties

Server tab

Incoming mail (POP3) pop.dial.pipex.com

Outgoing mail (SMTP) smtp.dial.pipex.com

Outgoing Mail server requires authentication Checked

Advanced tab

Outgoing mail (SMTP) 587

This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Checked

Incoming mail (POP3) 995

This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Checked

This configuration does not download emails.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @BigKim999 

When you say 'Win email client' what is it exactly? Outlook (version?), Thunderbird (version?), Windows Mail on Windows 10? or another email client?  So many, and all with different ways of describing the setup / configuration.

If you save any wanted mail messages to a local folder and remove the pipex account from the Win email client, power down the device and then power on the device, then re-add the pipex email account it may set itself up without needing to configure properties.

The dial.pipex POP3 generic email settings you need are:

Account Type  POP
Username username@dial.pipex.com
Password Yes
IMAP mail server name pop.dial.pipex.com
Incoming Port 995
Incoming Encryption Type SSL/TLS
Sign in with Username and Normal Password
SMTP mail server name smtp.dial.pipex.com
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Encryption Type STARTTLS
Sign in with Username and Normal Password