email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung A21s can't get email account to connect

Pete the fisherman
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi I am new to the forum and have a problem that I am hoping you can help me with. I have just bought a new Samsung A21s and can't get my talktalk email account to connect to the phone. I have tried to add it via the Gmail app and can get through to the point where it says "Couldn't open connection to server" we have tried changing the security type to None and think we have got the correct port setting of 143 but it just wont connect. Any suggestions would be really appreciated as I am going round in circles. Thanks Pete.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Pete the fisherman, if anyone can help its Gondola. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Pete the fisherman 

The gMail app usually sets up fairly easily although the manual settings do need checking. So long as the 'phone is connected to Wi-Fi the app verifies the incoming and outgoing server settings as you set each one up so you know if the setup for both receiving and sending mail is good.

When starting to Add the email account to the Gmail app:

• You select Other and Enter your email address and NEXT
  • Select Personal (IMAP) account and NEXT
  • Enter the password

Then these are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings for the TalkTalk.net email account. You'll probably need to edit the mail server names to make sure the incoming server is prefixed by mail. and the outgoing server is prefixed by smtp.

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username username@talktalk.net
Password email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security Type SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security Type STARTTLS
Require sign-in Yes

Let us know if that's good.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021