email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nildram Emails Going to Recipient Spam/Junk Folders

lodsworth
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Like others back in March and April there was a spell when I could not send or receive emails via outlook or webmail.  This seems to have corrected itself, but I am having another problem in that my sent emails are not reaching the recipients.  A high percentage of my emails are winding up in the recipient's spam or junk folders.  This is especially problematic as there is no way of knowing when this happens and days can pass before you realise there is a problem and have to call the recipient and ask them to check their spam/junk folders (embarrassing).

I am an old pipex/nildram customer (gotadsl.co.uk) but have been with TT for many years.

If this is a legacy issue that is never going to be corrected, - as I read on another post - what do you advise a loyal customer whose business is being affected?

Thank you, David

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi lodsworth, Gondola has laid it out for you. Please let us know which of the help options you're in need of. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi lodsworth 

Pipex mail is managed and looked after by TalkTalk Consumer as part of the Consumer customer package that includes TalkTalk Mail.

Nildram, f2s and gotadsl mail domains are managed and looked after by TalkTalk Business (TTB).  So, if your business is being affected then you need to get TTB involved.

Call 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm
customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk

But if you're a TalkTalk home broadband customer then wait here for this topic to be picked up by a TalkTalk Staff member that can get a TTB agent to contact you.

In the meantime, to link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Scroll down to Private notes to add the nildram or gotadsl email address(es) that are having problems, notes and references etc and then save changes.

For Nildram, f2s or gotadsl domains only, are you using these Email Client Server Settings?

Inbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3)
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS connection security

Outbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 465
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS connection security

It's always possible that your email address has been marked as spam or your public IP address or the apm-internet smtp server IP address has been tagged by the recipient's mail service as originating spam.  I cannot see any obvious problem so would need to see the header of one of the received emails that got spam tagged to possibly identify the reason. Don't post that in public because it'll contain personal data but if you wish to obtain it and redact the first part of the personal email addresses it'll be helpful in identifying the issue.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer