email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nildram email not received

wills21
Team Player
Message 61 of 61

Hi

I'm a long-time Nildram email user, mostly without problems. recently, however, I'm having send problems: emails not received (not a specific person!). There are no error messages. Nildram is operating within Outlook 2016, but sme problem seems to exist on webmail (receives but no sending success). Quotas seem OK.

Brief details:

Win 10, Outlook 2016

Incoming server, no SSL, chan 110, pop3.nildram.co.uk

Outgoing server, no encoding, chan 25, smtp.nildram.co.uk

Any ideas?

Thanks, Wills

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60

Message 1 of 61

Great stuff, thanks for posting back to let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 61

Hello Ady

I successfully migrated from Outlook to Thunderbird after checking it out. Program is clear and easy to use, and so far has given no problems. Only slight drawback so far is that owing to structural differences, direct transfer of old .pst files (archived Outlook files) isn't possible. There's a 3rd party route, I believe.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 61

Hi wills21, Gondola as always has given good advice. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 61

The security options on my copy of Outlook 2016 are as I emailed, and I think it's latest update.

Thunderbird: OK, I'll try it, thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 61

If the Outlook version is 2016 then it should have the SSL/TLS security option.

The software / security protocols should have been updated. There is a Windows registry fix to enable the required protocols.

However, the best practice in troubleshooting would say to set up a different email client before attempting any registry editing. And I'd be reluctant to change registry setup on a system not under my control.

So, download Thunderbird and set that up with the recommended settings.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 61

Hi

Outlook (2016) rejected my attempt to set the server ports suggested, and setup substituted 143 (incoming) and 25 (outgoing). Additionally, the option SSL/TLS is not available (None, SSL, TLS, Auto) and attempts to invoke either SSL or TLS are rejected as 'not supported'. On the other hand, the setting I've sent do work!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 61

Check that the logon information is your full nildram email address and password

On the outgoing server tab:

• Select log on using
    Username: your full nildram email address
    Password: your nildram email password
  • Tick Remember password
  • Untick Require logon using SPA

On the advanced tab

• Incoming server port: 993
  • Use the following type of encrypted connection select SSL / TLS
  • Outgoing server port: 465
  • Use the following type of encrypted connection select SSL / TLS

Select OK

Select Next

Message 8 of 61

Picture1.jpgPicture2.jpgPicture3.jpg

0 Likes

Message 9 of 61

The settings will work as other users have confirmed. I can quickly check your Outlook setup via the screenshots.

Message 10 of 61

Hi

I tried the settings you sent yesterday, again. This time they seem to have worked, so I'll leave it a day or so and report.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 11 of 61

Hi wills21 

Outlook is not connected to the outgoing SMTP server. 

Screenshot the outgoing server and advanced tabs on Outlook, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here so I can see what you see. 

Message 12 of 61

Receiving and sending both work from the webmail address

0 Likes

Message 13 of 61

The error reported when attempting to Send is 0x80042109 (Outlook cannot connect to server). As I mentioned, Receive is working again

0 Likes

Message 14 of 61

Hi wills21 

The DNS records have been restored so at least the incoming mail can find the nildram MX servers hosted by apm-internet.

Sign in to webmail at https://mail.overssl.net/

Does receiving and sending work ok from there?

Email client access uses the same server host name: mail.overssl.net

Inbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3)
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

Outbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 465
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

What error message are you getting when sending?

Message 15 of 61

FYI, the service was restored about midnight...that is, Nildram emails are received again, but atill can't send. Althought I again contacted TTB as advised, no answer!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 61

Hi,

Looks like good advice. I'm assuming the TTB complaints-handling algorithm hasn't reached the required threshold yet. At the least, it's disgraceful that TTB hasn't informed the legacy users of their intentions.

Good luck!

0 Likes

Message 17 of 61

@davehardy wrote:  I have been unable to send emails via my nildram.co.uk account for over a month... and I've not received any emails since 4am...will probably have to migrate everything to another address.

I think now is the time for that backup plan to swing into action.

Not yet confirmed that this is a fail or a cessation but there's no DNS records so no access to MX servers and the host names don't respond. All current mail incoming to you will be bounced so the sooner you migrate to a working email address the better.

Message 18 of 61

I have been unable to send emails via my nildram.co.uk account for over a month, although receiving them was OK. I've was round the houses with TT and TTB as none wants to take responsibility (I am a TT customer but TTB manage my email address!!). Was eventually assured last time I spoke to them that it was being escalated to get looked into. Needless to say I have heard nothing in over a month. I have had to resort to sending all outgoing emails via my gmail account. Today the pop3.nildram.co.uk can't be reached and I've not received any emails since 4am.

The whole situation is a fail to be honest, I appreciate this is a legacy email address but there has been nothing to say that support is being withdrawn. At my wits end to be honest and will probably have to migrate everything to another address.

Dave Hardy
0 Likes

Message 19 of 61

Thanks. I've sent the following email, as advised above:

Hi,

I’ve been advised by TT to contact you…

“TTB should have a record of the registered user details to match to your personal details.All requests for support need to be made to TTB.  Call 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm Press # and when prompted select Option 4.  Or email customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk and ask for the Email Product Manager.”

Early this morning, my Nildram email account  (wills@nildram.co.uk) stopped functioning. For some months I’ve been unable to send emails & have used a Yahoo account for this. However, having a long-standing Nildram account to receive continued to be useful. Incidentally, I did manage a ‘send’ on Nildram yesterday, but this could be a coincidence? Now this has also failed.

Please note that I’ve been using MS Outlook for all of the above time. However, up to today, it’s always been possible to also access Nildram webmail. Not now.

I’ve received no notification of cessation. Please advise situation urgently, thanks.

Derek William Adams

0 Likes

Message 20 of 61

I can see the apm-internet hosting servers up and running but still getting no response from the TTB legacy domains.  Fail or cessation?  I don't know.

For clarification, this Community Email forum is for TalkTalk Consumer customers with mailboxes active on the TalkTalk Mail platform. 

Nildram is not currently hosted on the TalkTalk Mail platform and is managed by TalkTalk Business (TTB) but there isn't an effective link to TTB to get a quick response on this issue. 

Go direct to TalkTalk Business (TTB) TTB Support to resolve any issues with the Nildram email domain. TTB should have a record of the registered user details to match to your personal details.

All requests for support need to be made to TTB.  Call 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm Press # and when prompted select Option 4.  Or email customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk and ask for the Email Product Manager.

0 Likes