email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nildram email not received

wills21
Team Player
Message 61 of 61

Hi

I'm a long-time Nildram email user, mostly without problems. recently, however, I'm having send problems: emails not received (not a specific person!). There are no error messages. Nildram is operating within Outlook 2016, but sme problem seems to exist on webmail (receives but no sending success). Quotas seem OK.

Brief details:

Win 10, Outlook 2016

Incoming server, no SSL, chan 110, pop3.nildram.co.uk

Outgoing server, no encoding, chan 25, smtp.nildram.co.uk

Any ideas?

Thanks, Wills

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60

Message 21 of 61

This is an unexpected fail...last received message very early this morning. So, neither send nor receive now possible. Now can't access webmail either. No information received about this either!

Any help welcome, thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 61

Hi @wills21 

There are no mail exchangers found for the TalkTalk Business (TTB) domains gotadsl.co.uk or nildram.co.uk or f2s.com.

So, no mail will be received at present.

Have you been given any information about the ceasing of these legacy domains or is this an unexpected fail?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 23 of 61

Hello Ady

My account has been ticking over, as although I couldn't send mail, I could receive OK (any reply I sent out via Yahoo).The ability to receive seems to have stopped early this morning, with no mail since then. Can you advise status urgently, please?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 61

I'm sorry there's not more I can do for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 61

Hello Ady

Hmmmm...thanks for your efforts so far, but not much progress with TTB. It's beginning to look like they have no intention of repairing the damage done by their recent changes. As custodians of legacy Nildram, I think customers should have been made aware of this!

Derek

0 Likes

Message 26 of 61

Hi Berkoboy, have you had direct contact from TTB too? If not then I can get them in touch with you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 61

Hi Derek, I'm pleased to see that you've had contact albeit not what you were looking for. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 28 of 61

I also remain unconvinced by the TT Business reply . Firstly not all of my failed recipients use BT internet . So are TTB claiming all UK ISP's decided as one to block Nildram mails ? Secondly why has this send failure just recently happened ( around 1st March ) - surely a concern about spam would have been implemented years ago. Thirdly if mails can be sent via webmail - why can't they be sent by Outlook or Mail for Win10 for example . I don't mind what happens in the background as long as my recipients see my mail as coming from my @nildram address - I appreciate this may need extra hardware/software  to authenticate .  

0 Likes

Message 29 of 61

Hello Ady,

I was contacted by TTB today using my Yahoo address. In case you weren't copied, here it is:

"

Nildram Email

Dear Derek,

Thank you for contacting the TalkTalk Business Customer Services Team.

I can confirm that test emails sent and received via the webmail link of (deleted) all been successful so we are unfortunately unable to replicate the fault on our end. Some email providers like BT blacklist all Nildram/GotADSL/Freedom2Surf email addresses as "Spam" even though none of the email addresses on the server produce spam emails, and is simply a block en masse of old email servers. If this is the case for your recipients, it is something that we unfortunately do not have the power to change as we are unable to control the block list of other providers. I am sorry to say that there are unfortunately no plans to upgrade the server in the future either and all email services provided by TalkTalk Business are considered to be "Legacy Products".

If you should have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Adam
Customer Services | TalkTalk Business "

NB: Case Number: 07305211

This answer seems inadequate for several reasons. I replied:

"

Thanks Adam for your reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer the implied question of 'why do I still receive Nildram mail on my Outlook account, as was normal, but cannot now send via that account' (even though Outlook reports that it has been sent). That seems to imply a problem at 'your' end, not with Outlook?
Regards,"
However, it begs the question "Who is responsible?" I do accept that support for 'legacy' products needs to end at some time, but this problem seems to have been created by TTB and then abandoned by TTB. Secondly, where is the notification to users that this was about to happen?
Regards (in frustration)
Derek William Adams
0 Likes

Message 30 of 61

Ok thanks. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 31 of 61

Hi Ady

Thank you. I'll keep you informed, but nothing yet.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 61

Hi wills21, I've been involved in a long email chain to get you the help you're after. I'm told you'll be contacted by the TTB team. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 33 of 61

Hi Ady,

Thanks for that...fingers crossed!

Wills

0 Likes

Message 34 of 61

Hi Berkoboy, please start your own thread so that we can help you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 35 of 61

Hi wills21, I've been on leave I'll raise the compaint now for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 36 of 61

Hello Ady,

Could you give an update on the complaint to TTB, please? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 37 of 61

Hello, he's right. Webmail seems to be working, but my linked Outlook account only receives, doesn't send. Confusing, because a Sent Items message is recorded - but unfortunately the intended recipient never gets the message.

TTBusiness took over responsibility for Nildram servers, irrespective of whether the account-holder is with TT or TTB. If like me, you're a TT user, an extra layer of problems is generated.

TT is (I hope) currently making a complaint to TTB on my behalf to try and sort this out.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 61

Hi , I am having exactly the same problem . Emails sent from my @nildram.co.uk and @gotadsl.co.uk are not being received . The last email I know got through was dated 18th February . 

I will try TT Business as suggested . 

Update - Just spoken to TTB . Helpful person ( Karl ? ) said there was a problem some weeks ago with the Nildram /gotadsl / and other servers . The problem has been resolved - but only for webmail . It is not fixed for what he calls 3rd party mail applications -such as Outlook . He didn't have an ETA . 

TTB have me listed as a residential customer - which is correct , I have never been a business. 

I will test webmail.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 61

Hello Ady,

Yes please...I've given TTB the opportunity to respond but no solution offered other than for you (TT) to contact them. I hope you'll succeed - good luck!

0 Likes

Message 40 of 61

I'm sorry wills21, I've got no access to check TTB systems. I think the only choice we have is to make a CEO complaint. Are you happy to have me raise the complaint for you?

Ady

0 Likes