email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nildram email not received

wills21
Team Player
Message 61 of 61

Hi

I'm a long-time Nildram email user, mostly without problems. recently, however, I'm having send problems: emails not received (not a specific person!). There are no error messages. Nildram is operating within Outlook 2016, but sme problem seems to exist on webmail (receives but no sending success). Quotas seem OK.

Brief details:

Win 10, Outlook 2016

Incoming server, no SSL, chan 110, pop3.nildram.co.uk

Outgoing server, no encoding, chan 25, smtp.nildram.co.uk

Any ideas?

Thanks, Wills

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60

Message 41 of 61

Hi Ady

In an effort to unlock the situation,  was advised to email TTB my contact details, TT a/c no., etc with an outline of situation...have done, on Fri 26 March - but no answer yet. Obviously I also sent from an alternative email address as it's a good bet they wouldn't receive from my Nildram one (as nobody else can). This address was obscured for customer security so may have been spam-filtered? Is it possible to check?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 61

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 43 of 61

No, but not quite there yet. I's awaiting a response on the issue from TTB Customer Services.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 61

I have exactly the same problem. Doesn't seem likely to get resolved without a complaint does it?

0 Likes

Message 45 of 61

Hi wills21, sorry we couldn't be of more help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 46 of 61

Hello Gondola

Thanks for that, although the issue of data protection seems like a red herring, as one of the principal ways to avoid problems must be to gain consent from the parties -  hardly likely to be an obstacle? I'll try TTB again.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 61

Hi wills21 

I've already got a ruling from the Community Manager. 

There is no process for referring Consumer customers over to Business (TTB).

TTB must support their legacy email users or users have a right to complain and have the complaint escalated to the CEO's office.

And in my opinion, it would be a breach of data protection for Consumer to reveal any personal information about its customer to TTB. Just as TTB held personal information is not accessible to Consumer. As I have explained previously.

You have all of the information necessary to contact TTB and if needed to make a complaint and to have that justifiable complaint escalated to the CEO Office agents.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 48 of 61

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, before contacting TT at the start of this chain, I had been advised by TTB that the contact to them would need to come from TT, being my present account holder. (Although I did once have a TTB account, this doesn't seem to count for access purposes.) Could someone get a ruling on this and preferably have someone call me to sort out what is probably a simple case?

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 61

Hi @wills21 

Nildram users, whether TalkTalk Consumer customers or not must seek help from TalkTalk Business Support as previously advised. Only TTB will have the former customer registration details related to the Nildram email account.

If help is refused in any way then you must make a formal complaint and if that's not handled immediately then call 0161 222 2142 - 9am - 5:30pm to register a formal complaint or email TTB Complaints here.

Message 50 of 61

Hello

Correct, although I was with TTB but later moved over to TT whan I closed my business. My only current interest in TTB is that they seem to be custodians of the Nildram legacy - I'd assume  on behalf of both TTB and TT customers? Otherwise, how are TT Nildram users supposed to proceed?

0 Likes

Message 51 of 61

I've spoken to the manager at TTB and I'm informed that you don't have an account with them so they won't help.  I can't help as I have no access to the necessary systems for TTB mail domains. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 52 of 61

Hi Ady

Sorry, had to drop this for a couple of days. Yes, sounds like a good idea if a request came to TT Business from you & then maybe they can contact me with a solution or for further information. I've updated my community profile with contact numbers. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 53 of 61

Hi wills21, the TTB support team are you point of contact for this. I've got no system access for Nildram and can't help as a result of that. If they bounce you away please let me know and I'll get someone in touch with you. If you need me to do that please make sure you've got your landline,mobile and the affected email address in your community profile. 

Ady

Message 54 of 61

Thinking about it, I do have a password for Nildram webmail...that may be sufficient, as I can't send emails via webmail either?

0 Likes

Message 55 of 61

OK, thanks, will do

0 Likes

Message 56 of 61

Hi wills21 

'wills21' wrote:...my actual password is lost in the depths of time.

If you don't know the nildram email password then you're going to need TalkTalk Business to get that reset for you. You'll not be able to carry out any useful tests without the password because that's required for the outgoing server authentication.

Message 57 of 61

Hi,

Although the advice looked promising, the result was the same - the email was sent (according to Sent Items) BUT it was not received. The alternative suggestion was rejected apparently as not recognized. It really does look like the email is sent but for whatever reason doesn't reach, or does reach, and doesn't leave the outgoing mail server.

One other thought is that there might be a password error, which maybe could produce a similar effect (I can't check this, as my actual password is lost in the depths of time).

Not having any feedback as to status makes progress difficult.

Are there any tests I could try which would produce some useful answers?

Regards,

Wills

0 Likes

Message 58 of 61

Pipex domains are managed by TalkTalk Consumer.

Pipex domains were all upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Pipex domains are supported here on Community as user registration data is available to designated TT Staff.

Nildram is managed by TalkTalk Business (TTB). Only TTB Business colleagues could access Nildram registration data.  

The best that TT Staff supporting Community could offer is to ask TTB to contact you. 

What results did you find when using the overssl information? Knowing what works and what may not would be helpful.

Message 59 of 61

Thanks for your prompt reply!

If I recall right, Pipex was also a 'legacy' ISP acquired by TT...in which case it sounds like a fairly simple problem to solve? Perhaps you could advise TTB of your observation & they can sort it out? Thanks.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 60 of 61

Hi @wills21 

The outgoing server for smtp.nildram.co.uk is not responding. Strangely it resolves to smtp.nildram.tiscali.co.uk although it ought to resolve to an apm-internet outgoing server.

You can access Nildram webmail and a mailbox control panel as follows:

SSL Mail
https://mail.overssl.net/

SSL Mail Control Panel
https://vwm.overssl.net/admin/

Try these email Client Server Settings

Inbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3)
Select SSL/TLS encryption security

Outbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Outgoing Port: 465
Select SSL/TLS encryption security

Or if that doesn't work for outgoing try smtp.apm-internet.net

For clarification, this Community Email forum is for TalkTalk Consumer customers with mailboxes active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.  The Nildram domain is not currently hosted on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Nildram, at the present time, is managed by TalkTalk Business (TTB) although hosted on the apm-internet platform. 

Go direct to TalkTalk Business (TTB) TTB Support to resolve any issues with the Nildram email domain. TTB should have a record of the registered user details to match to your personal details.

All requests for support need to be made to TTB.  Call 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm Press # and when prompted select Option 4.  Or email customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk and ask for the Email Product Manager.