email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Password Provided - IPad

Tonyrweston
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My IPad mail app has stopped receiving emails for my TalkTalk.net account. I still have access to the web access but my mail app says ‘No password provided’ when trying to re-add my account.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Tonyrweston, I'll leave you in the very capable hands of Gondola. If you need my help I'm sure you'll both let me know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Tonyrweston

If you are not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox may get limited or restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about limited access or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then you must add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount* to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days from the first mail message notification from TalkTalk the mailbox is limited or restricted to webmail only access.

The mail server can reject a setup for an IMAP or POP connection if a weak password is detected.

Let us know what your customer status is and, if you have already added the email address to the customer MyAccount My Mailboxes list, what your thought is about the password strength. 

You might just need to upgrade the password even though you can sign in to use webmail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution