email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Talktalk emails

JohnandJen
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

As of this morning gmail has stopped sending and receiving Talktalk emails. All was OK up until 19.28 pm on Monday, now (Tuesday) I can't send or receive talktalk emails through my gmail account. I have changed nothing, gmail just stopped sending and receiving!

When sending an an email the response I got was... Message not delivered. The response from the remote server was: 550 5.1.0 OcwUltP3lL7WK Sender Domain Invalid (TT420).

I then logged directly into my Talktalk email at https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite... and there were no received messages, had a test message sent and it was not received and is bouncing back to the sender as... Message not delivered. The respponse from the remote server was 554 cm9nec mx.talktalk.net Odg5lj9J4cszm No PTR Record (TT105)

Is Talktalk aware of this problem and will it be fixed sometime soon?

Regards

Jennifer and John

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Excellent.

Good to know. Take care.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 10

Hi Gondola,

My emails have started arriving again so thanks for the advice you gave me.

Regards,

Rob

Message 3 of 10

Hi Rob

Yes, always interested in getting you back in action.

The originator is correct that it is wise to stop sending to any mailbox that's permanently blocking / rejecting / etc as the receiving mail service would consider this as a potential spam attempt.

However, the TT105 error is an obvious system fail.

So, yes, just confirm that it wasn't your mailbox rejecting delivery during the system fail and they should reinstate sending.

Message 4 of 10

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I don't know as the sending organisation added my email address to their suppression list (i.e. black list).

They've said they did this because “repeatedly sending to addresses which bounce can adversely affect deliverability to other users and this is the second such failure in the last six months”. Last time they took me off the suppression list but this time they’ve asked me to find out from TalkTalk why my email was bounced and get them (TalkTalk) to fix the issue, after which they’ll reactivate my email address.

I don’t agree about the impact to other users as I can’t think of many scenarios where there would be any significant impact (i.e. it’s not like a denial of service attack) and after a few retries the email will be marked as failed to deliver.

Anyway, I guess they’re right that the issue was probably caused by a TalkTalk system error and so I’ve gone along with their request as it seems the quickest way to get my emails reinstated.

I’ll let you know what happens once I get my email address live again if you’re interested?

Rob

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Rob

As the TalkTalk system error was at the time of the bounceback then yes. Presumably there's no ongoing TT105 error being reported?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I have had the same problem as the OP in that on 23 March 2021 at 07:09am, an email sent from an <xxxxxx>@<yyyyyy).org.uk email address to a tiscali.co.uk email address was bounced by TalkTalk.

The message bounced back with diagnostic-code: smtp;554 cm7gb1 mx.talktalk.net OeXVIzCyh75 No PTR Record (TT105).

Can you confirm if the fix which seems to have worked for the OP will have resolved my issue permanently as well?

Thank you,

Rob

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

We appreciate you taking time out to let us have your feedback.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Thank you for a quick reply.

11:30 am Tuesday and the problem appears to be fixed.

Jennifer and John

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @JohnandJen 

Don't make any changes at your end. The MyAccount system cannot log you in for billing or Service Status checks or password changes and the communication system for the mail servers is also down so no incoming or outgoing mail for the moment.

The systems fault is being investigated and you can track it on the Service Status (Email and Websites) pages. 

0 Likes