email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Tiscali emails since TalkTalk "upgraded" the web mail

John30444
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 11

Dear All,

I'm not going to bore you all with the full details of yet another tale of woe from a Tiscali emailer, as it is too painful for me to recount my experience on the phone to a "Technical Operative" at TalkTalk. Suffice it to say, he persuaded me in broken English, to change the Imap sttings and when that did not work, told me that TalkTalk do not help  Microsoft users when they try to connect to its email server.. Before you all jump down my throat, I used the TalkTalk helpline and answered all his security questions.

In a nutshell.  As soon as TalkTalk "upgraded" its webmail, my email client could not connect to the server, because of an "incorrect password". Since then, I can only access my mail by logging into my webmail account (with the same password, by the way!) and then only sometimes.  OS is Windows 7 email client is eMclient.

Having had such great help in the past from the Forum, I now once again ask for help with two things.

1) Is there a way to solve TalkTalk's New Year Puzzle for its Tiscali customers?

2)  How long will it be before the company admits fault and corrects it?

Incidentally, as I try to log into my webmail, two dodgy looking adverts are now appearing, offering 11 ways to cheat the system. Is this a scam?

Can anyone help?

John

John Calton
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi brn61, please start  your own thread and I'll be happy to help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

It's great that you're sorted John, but you're not on the new webmail yet. I'll pass on your fix though. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

brn61
First Timer
Message 3 of 11

No Tiscali emails since TalkTalk "upgraded" the web mail

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

me too

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Dear Ady,

Many thanks, it will be interesting to see what ideas they come up with.

Here's mine.

Think the unthinkable! What if TalkTalk's new system would not accept my old password, because it did not have the requisite types of symbols?? I got this idea by trying to access my webmail on my tablet, using the password that I thought would get me into my web mail, broadband etc. (I have 3 passwords for TalkTalk and wish I only had one to remember)

This did not work.

So I closed down the web site, opened it again and tried to log into my web mail, on my PC.

I then was offered the, "Forgotten your password?" option, took it and followed the instructions given.

Changed my password for a more up to date and acceptable one (several tries, as it will not accept the £ sign, so reluctantly had to take the American option).

Bingo, it now works. I still would like to hear from the email team, just in case.

Again, many thanks for your help,

John

John Calton
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thanks John, I've passed it over to the email team. I'll post back and update you when I hear back. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Dear Ady,

Many thanks for replying. Answers to your questions below.

1) Webmail did run perfectly, but is now slow to load, but still working well when loaded.

2) My OS is Windows 7 Home

3)  I'm using the latest version of  eMclient.

4)  Error message was reading :-

Password required. (after password was given), server says "Authentication failed."

"IMAP  An attempt to connect ...........@tiscali.co.uk failed. Caused by temporary server unavailablility" 

Now message(s) read:-

"Imap. An attempt to connect.......  Do you wnt to check the settings?"

and

"Unexpected end of stream"

SMPT  An attempt to..............   Do you want to check the settings?

Best wishes.

John

John Calton
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi John, if you're still having problems I need the following information to pass on to the Email team. 

Does webmail work normally?

What Operating System are you running?

What mail client and version are you using?

What is the exact error message?

Once I've got that from you we can pass it over. The Email team have said that checks at this end suggest all is ok, but they want the extra information in case they can spot a way to help. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Dear Ady,

As usual, excellent and rapid help from the OCE's.

Unfortunately I still cannot connect to the server, so should be most grateful if you would help me.

By the way my email client is   eMclient    and I'm running   Windows 7. 

Also my router is a TalkTalk      D-Link  DSL- 3782    and I'm using its 5GHz wireless signal.

I did try to download updates for the router several months ago, but they were unavailable. I have forgotten to check for updates since then.

I have only changed the account settings of eMclient, not those of Microsoft and did so, using the instructions of the operator in TalkTalk's call centre.

Hope this helps,

John

John Calton
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi John, I was told on Friday that the servers had to be reset. I'm hoping that's completed, please let me know if you still need help to get this sorted. 

0 Likes