email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Tiscali emails since TalkTalk "upgraded" the web mail

robcricket
Popular Poster
Message 24 of 24

my works email address is not worked since friday too...

Im not even able to get into or set up another talktalk account to help fix this problem - obscured for customer securitytiscali.co.uk

very frustrating 

any help would be apreciated or is it a case of just sit & wait until whatever talktalk have done to the system to settle down?

only by luck i found this conversation, this did happen to me a couple of years go and luckily when we re-entered the password it worked again but it took a while...

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Rob, you won't have the ability to setup password reset until your mailbox is moved onto the new platform. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk

or do i just use my email addresses & passwords to just log into ‘myaccount’ ? I have tried this but to no avail 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk

Flavia got in touch thank you and after deleting the email & resetting it i have logged into webmail and got everything working again now on my desktop, thank you.

Going forward can I now set-up ‘my-account’ for each of my Tiscali emails so i can have a different recovery email address to help in similar situations with re-setting passwords?

Ive tried to register on ‘myaccount’ but i need an active account number & phone number or can I use my old active details?

Please advise as i do not want two weeks of this again 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Thanks I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call today from Flavia. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk

i do appreciate your help on this, sorry not been about as much today...got loads of work orders to sort.

I will get onto this now or can we communicate via email? Going forward ? 

Ill sort now what youve asked 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

No that's not permitted. I had to delete those immediately as we're not able to know or store those. We use a temporary password when testing and then restore it so we never know yours. 

As it's not in your MyAccount I'll need you to add your DOB and full postal address so that I can raise the fault ticket for you. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk

Ive tried to attach images of my outlook settings that I’m sure are okay...not really sure what else i can do!

Can you get us access to webmail? Or what is the solution? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

No luck I’m afraid, I’m taking it you used the password given and thats still the same or have you changed this and could send to my personal email address?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

I've done thorough testing on this one too and it too is working. I've run a repair and made a couple of small changes to the username. Please retest and let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Rob you were right. I needed to scroll up a touch and now I'm testing the other account. Gimme 10 and I'll be back to you. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi Ady,

Before i try this retest, are you sure you have tested the right email account? As ive received two test emails on my personal email - obscured for customer securitytiscali.co.uk and its the email - obscured for customer securitytiscali.co.uk that is the problem?

Just making sure before i do anymore, as I know what’s I’m like & the time it takes to even just stop the box popping up all the time asking for password 

Regards Rob 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi robcricket, I've tested your account in webmail and it's working great. You've not been migrated to the new platform yet. Please retest and let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi Rob

I'm very much hoping that Ady will be able to verify your details.  If your former tiscali Business account details have been moved to the residential database then he's the man. 

The fix is simple. It's to get the email account password reset and then when you do get access to the email account to use the Reset your Password option to set your own password and then set up password recovery options with an alternate email address and mobile phone number.

In doing so and maintaining the reset details you'll have self-help password recovery for the forseeable future.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi guys,

I’ve tried speaking to TTB support and they have told me to come back onto here the community and do what ive just done, update the details about this email .

Its really frustrating guys, i hope this can be fixed and once it is I think i will be better off getting some IT support to forward all emails onto a new address not associated with Tiscali. Could be the right solution.....

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Okay i will look to do this in the next half an hour as I’m on my lunch break thank you...

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi Rob

I see that your tiscali email was provided by TalkTalk Business (TTB). As such I believe that the TalkTalk Community Team will not be able to verify your account details as they usually only deal with Residential accounts. I will though flag this up just in case there's an opportunity to liaise with TTB Support to get this done for you. In the meantime you should remove the image as it contains personal details.

If you end up needing to contact TTB then get in touch with TalkTalk Business Support. You can LiveChat or call on 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm or email customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk.

TTB should have a record of the registered user details for the tiscali email address to match to your personal details that you'll need to provide to them when requested.

Let us know how you get on.

And I see Ady has already replied. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi robcricket, if you add the details from that document into your Private Notes section of your profile as per the list in Gondola's post I will be able to help you. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Ive not heard back from talk talk and i went searching for my account details and found them. Is there any way you can help us please? Regards

Image removed for your security.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi robcricket

OK. Password resets via the TalkTalk Community Team are usually faster so do come back if needed. Just a heads up that the TalkTalk Community Team don't usually provide us with support over the weekends.  Yes, there is ongoing email support for former TalkTalk customers. 

Let us know what happens.

When you have recovered access to your tiscali email account do make sure you use the Reset your Password option to send a password reset to the account itself and then use the option to create alternative recovery methods using an alternative email address and mobile phone number.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Hi Gondola,

Thank you again.

After recovering my broadband TalkTalk account details, I logged into my TalkTalk account and chatted to an online operator and showed them our conversation & what the problem was with my very old Tiscali email account.

They were brilliant and hopefully after the next 72 hours they will be looked into recovering the Tiscali email for me and contact me on my mobile number they have taken., fingers crossed.

Great service and even better as I’m currently not a paying customer to TalkTalk, will take a closer look at their deals offered in another 10 months when our current services come to contractural end.

Thank you for you help, its been much appreciated...

regards Rob