email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No apps working for IMAP email, downloaded emails all deleted on all devices, webmail still works.

hudHISSin
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

My talktalk emails on my IMAP apps on android phone, ASUS tablet and PC thunderbird have all disappeared completely.

all the emails are still visible on webmail.

I can send talktalk emails from my app but I cannot receive them.

when I opened my tablet, my talktalk emails were there, until the device synchronised, when they were all deleted.

I have checked all the settings, and even deleted and reinstalled on my phone, and tried setting up talktalk on Windows Mail.

The inbox shows a deckchair, saying finished, and does not download any messages.

I spent 40 min on online chat, but the agent was working to a script and could not help.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Ok that means you're part of the incident relating to mail authentication. You can track progress on the service status page.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Furthermore I just have set up an additional talktalk email account which downloads to my PC immediately. ie IMAP working normally

so there is a very specific problem with my first talktalk mailbox.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

PS webmail is working fine with the new password

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi, my mailbox on all my devices now says incorrect password, ?? after the rebuild

I have changed my email password via the talktalk website. but my devices still cannot log on, phone or PC.

I deleted the talktalkaccount on my phone and on windows mail, to reinstall with the new password, but still says password incorrect.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 9

Hi hudHISSin, I've run a repair on your mailbox. If that doesn't resolve the problem, you'll need to remove and readd the mailbox from one of the apps and then retest. If that doesn't clear the problem I'd change the password in for the mailbox via MyAccount. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @hudHISSin

You'll see that the emails are all there in the webmail inbox. As soon as the mailbox issue that's preventing the correct sync of imap emails is fixed then they will all download again as normal.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

I have added the information to my profile.

I have also just gone through all my settings with the tech team by telephone, who confirm my setting are all correct.

I emphasise that my talktalk email alone (not gmail) failed simultaneously on 3 devices and 4 apps. I watched the previously downloaded emails disappear before my eyes when my tablet tried to syncrhronise IMAP talktalk emails.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @hudHISSin

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add any affected email addresses to Private Notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and check out each email account and repair / rebuild as necessary.

As a temporary workaround you should be able to use webmail and you should be able to send emails.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution