email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails for 48 hours-Incoming server error

jaybee27
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I see several other messages about this problem.  I have 3 email addresses on my account- my @talktalk.net,  my wife's @talktalk.net and my @hotmail.com.  I have not received incoming messages to my @talktalk.net for over 48 hours but I can send messages.  My wife's @talktalk.net and my @hotmail.com are both working without problem.  The problem is across all devices which all run the latest iOS systems and I  use Apple Mail. No updates made during the time of the problem.  I get the message "Cannot Get Mail.  The mail server "mail.talktalk.net" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the current account info in Mail settings"

When I log into TalkTalk webmail I get "! Unable to connect to e-mail server.  Possible reasons: The email server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems.  Please try again in a few minutes.

I had a very lengthy call with Customer Service on Saturday which resulted only in me deleting cache and history on my iPhone and also my email IMAP settings which I cannot now reload as I get the response "The server is not responding".  I am awaiting a call from Tech Services but was told this takes 3 working days!!!!!!

I receive all important messages to my email account so this is becoming very worrying.  Can someone help please?  I see there have been suggestions that the problem is solved-not for mr it isn't!!!!  Hope you can help please.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi jaybee27, thanks for posting back to let us know it's working. An issue was found and fixed on the servers yesterday.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jaybee27
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Thaks for your reply, it now seems fixed as emails are gradually arriving.  Thanks again

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi jaybee27 

The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the  Service Status (Email) page. Don't make any changes to the settings at your end.

OX Mail Fault: In webmail you see (for the impacted mailboxes) Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

It's a local issue at the TalkTalk Mail platform and some mailboxes are not being accessed. I've reported the issue to TalkTalk and it's been alerted to the Mail platform operator and they are currently trying to apply a fix.

So that TalkTalk Support can co-ordinate the issue of those mailboxes that are on the Mail platform server that is not currently accessible: Would you kindly add, and note the email address that's not accessible, in your Community profile, Private notes - in the My Settings   Personal Information page - at the bottom of the page immediately above the Save Changes button that you'll then need to update the page.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution