email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No emails in inbox, emails sticking in out box

Skemmer
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Problem solved. For an  unknown reason the avanced account settings were showing port numbers in the entry intended for the server name. ie. :993:1. Updating with the correct server names in an out allowed the emails to function again. I am just an average user and have no idea how these were entered. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skemmer
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the info, the server settings you show were entered and emails are being sent.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for posting to let us know you've sorted the problem. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Just to confirm, the incoming port numbers aren't wrong as some mail services will require them to work as intended.

For example: Windows Mail

Windows Mail IMAP server settings for TalkTalk MailWindows Mail IMAP server settings for TalkTalk Mail

Your description of mail sitting in the outbox was because your outgoing mail wasn't being authenticated for sending.

If you need specific help then let us know what email software version and device operating system you're using.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution