email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No password provided error on iPhone/ipad

Alberthammond1
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

My emails were working fine until last month, but now, for some reason, I keep getting an error message on my iPhone and iPad saying “no password provided” on my account.

I have signed into my talk talk email online and the account is working fine online.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the account from both Apple devices and I still get the same error messages when trying to set the account up again.

I have also tried downloading outlook on my iPad and tried adding the account through that and it still doesn’t work.

I have checked and double checked the IMAP settings and they are correct.

all details are up to date on my talk talk account and from what I can see, no privacy settings should be hindering me using the account on another device.

Is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

I applaud your sentiments @stevesurrey, but the vast majority of - frequently new, and panicking - posters, with an overwhelming problem, will have no idea what a 'Sticky Note' is, let alone where, or even how, to find one; and TalkTalk are notorious for directing their emails straight to a 'spam' folder, so now ................................. I'll shut up, ha!

~R.

Message 2 of 14

@stevesurrey wrote:...Perhaps they didnt get the email. think its spam or simply ignored it.

Any could have applied!  Along with just deleting. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 3 of 14

@Gondola that is at least useful but so many of the posters seem unaware why they have been restricted. Perhaps they didnt get the email. think its spam or simply ignored it. We will never know so I will shut up now:) Cheers.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Steve

Users are being emailed:

TalkTalk for Everyone

YOUR TALKTALK MAIL
ACCOUNT HAS BEEN LIMITED

Hi, we recently got in touch regarding changes to your TalkTalk Mail account.
Starting today, you'll no longer be able to send or receive emails through desktop or mobile email management applications. You will now only be able to do this by visiting www.talktalk.co.uk/mail.

Starting six months from today, we'll be permanently deleting TalkTalk Mail accounts that aren't signed up to TalkTalk Mail Plus or part of an active TalkTalk broadband account. We'll send you a reminder before this happens.

You can avoid losing your email address and having to update any other accounts you have connected to it. Check out your two easy options below.

So, having got over the glitch of some users being limited without prior warning the users affected should receive a series of mail notifications.

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 5 of 14

Just a thought/suggestion but wouldn't it be useful to have a 'sticky' to cover this problem of being restricted to webmail only for non-TalkTalk customers? This issue has arisen so often in the past few weeks it must be the most common question raised on the forum.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 14

Hi Alberthammond1, do you have an active TalkTalk broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus account? If not your mailbox may have been limited to prevent you from using mail clients.

You can sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus now.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

It's been flagged up for some considerable time now, i.e. from October 2019, that TalkTalk Mail would not be free for users that are not home broadband customers. If you rejoin TalkTalk Consumer for your home broadband then up to 5 mailboxes are included in the package.  The limiting and deletion of email addresses has been held off during the lockdown phases of the current pandemic. Mail messages are going out to users that in about 6 months the email address will be deleted. The way to avoid this deletion is to subscribe to MailPlus. Or migrate you usage to another mail service like Gmail, for example.

Is there any more advice you need that isn't covered in the MailPlus help page I linked to?

Message 8 of 14

Is this a recent change? Because my emails were working fine until last month and I haven’t been a talk talk customer for approximately 3 years

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Alberthammond1 

Your tiscali email address is limited to webmail access only because you're no longer a TalkTalk Consumer customer.

To retain the long term use of the tiscali email address across all supported email devices you'll need to subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus. 

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Message 10 of 14

My home broadband is no longer with talk talk, but hasn’t been for some time, when I sign into my email account online on talk talk mail, I am able to view the email and this is the one that is attached to the account

0 Likes

Alberthammond1
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 14

Also the domain is tiscali.co.uk

0 Likes

Alberthammond1
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 14

My home broadband is no longer with talk talk, but hasn’t been for some time, when I sign into my email account online on talk talk mail, I am able to view the email and this is the one that is attached to the account

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi Alberthammond1 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer for home broadband and if so is the email address added to your customer MyAccount My Mailboxes list?

Email not showing in My Account

The email address needs to be shown in your customer MyAccount to avoid being limited to webmail access only.

Let us know what the position is and what the email domain is.

0 Likes